GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by timneedscoffee101

1. T

Diane

It's been a couple days, and a couple hundred miles. Lots of time navigating parking lots, and of course my ultimate test -- backing into the driveway (hard cuts in both directions). Not a single abnormal sound from the front suspension. VERY happy. The Billstein B6 are fantastic -- very...
  2. T

Diane

Oh man ... I can't say I've paid any attention at all! I use my signal all the time and haven't noticed, so I'm going to go ahead and say it sounds normal... but now you've got me curious. I will be sure to pay attention next time I'm in the car.
  3. T

Diane

Last update for the night… 170 miles, 20 of which were on local crappy roads in Boston, the rest highway, and she passed the ultimate test: backing into my driveway — hard right to line up, followed by cutting all the way left before centering out. Didn’t make a single creak, groan, pop, squeak...
  4. T

Diane

The drive to Boston went well - 75 miles down, and then no noises at all navigating through parking lots here. So far so good! As far as DCC goes, all modes worked as expected. Comfort felt a little bouncy, hard to say if that was the struts or the springs (H&R Sport) - but overall in all modes...
  5. T

Diane

Installed the Billstein B6 today. Only did the fronts, for now. Was a little worried they’d cause some rake but they are definitely the same size and height as OEM So far so good — actually the car rides MUCH smoother though, which bodes well for there actually having been an issue with the...
  6. T

Suspension Noise … what am I doing wrong?

Thanks — yeah that’s one of the first things I thought of … the H&R springs came with a very long length of spring silencer already installed — it covers the entire dead section of the springs (the area that’s fully compressed under load). I also applied a thin layer of grease to it, but no...
  7. T

Diane

My never-ending quest to fix the suspension noises may finally have a resolution ... will find out in a couple weeks. EVERY SINGLE TIME I tear the front suspension apart, recheck everything and put it back together, the car looks, feels, and sounds perfect ... and then within 50-100 miles later...
  8. T

Maybe … I never touched those in the first place but definitely worth checking!
  9. T

I put H&R Sport springs on a couple months ago, and have been chasing noises ever since. I recently installed adjustable end links, and adjusted them to be neutral under load. That made a HUGE difference, but I still have popping noises in low speed turns. Yesterday I pulled the front...
  10. T

DIY: Virtual Cockpit Retrofit MK7 (aliexpress version)

The display is definitely picky about the source … I wasn’t able to connect the RPi initially either. Had to manually define the display type and resolution in its config for it to work. Very common with those embedded displays. But as far as I can tell, any 1080p-native source should work
  11. T

DIY: Virtual Cockpit Retrofit MK7 (aliexpress version)

Don't mean to necrobump (okay, yes I do) ... but I installed this in my 2019 GLI a couple weeks ago. It's pretty great with a few quirks. As OP noted, the screen mirroring from your phone is rather useless, especially if you want audio -- but I wanted to point out that it's just an HDMI cable so...
  12. T

Sway bar end link boot separated?

Theyre ECS adjustable end links - I’ll contact ECS and see if they’ll sell me just an end to thread in, otherwise I’ll just replace the whole thing. Replacing the boot is probably the cheapest option, but also the one most likely for me to screw up
  13. T

Sway bar end link boot separated?

This looks jacked up to me … does this look jacked up to you? They've been in need of readjustment after my springs settled (currently blaming my last remaining suspension noises on them) but I’ve been putting it off. Finally went to do it but it looks like the boot is separated on the...
  14. T

Diane

Broken level-sensor for the win!! Or DCC recalibration? Probably both... My ride quality had gone to shit over the past 4-weeks or so, after installing the H&R springs. I was initially really happy with them, but it seemed like over night, they settled and the ride quality just went to hell...
  15. T

Diane

Installed my aliexpress digital cockpit retrofit today. The install was very straight forward… just followed the steps on mk7850’s diy and all is good! Well, almost. Four minor complaints so far: 1) The trim to the left of the steering wheel doesn’t fit the new console shroud they shipped. I...