GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TheWedgie

1. T

FS: CTS Catch Can Kit MK7 GTI

Price: $375 Purchased used and ran on my GTI for about 6,000 miles... Works great and catches crap (whether or not the crap needs to be caught is always a great debate... But I felt more comfortable having it caught). The metal fastenings are a little scratched up, but has no bearing on...
  2. T

FS: Cobb AP V3 MK7 GTI and CTS Turbo Intake

Selling my Cobb AP V3 and my CTS Turbo Intake. AP is unmarried from my vehicle, and the intake was used for about 3,500 miles... Intake comes with a Spulen breather filter because I left the CTS breather components on when I installed my USP intake (this kit might be best for individuals...
  3. T

FS: Stock GTI Exhaust

Swapped out my exhaust a couple of months ago, and I'm ready to get the stocker out of the garage... Drove for ~5,000 miles before making the swap. Looking for $25... Local pick-up only (Iowa City, IA).
  4. T

FS: Stock GTI Suspension

Up for sale is the stock suspension from my 2017 GTI... Only drove for ~5,000 miles on this setup, and everything is in excellent shape... Includes everything pictured. SOLD
  5. T

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Downpipe, upgraded IC/FMIC, and drop-in air filter are all you really need to fully support APR Stage II... I think at least a torque arm insert should be recommended to help manage the extra power, but I currently have the full BFI Stage 1 setup, and I really like/recommend it. Exhaust/Intake...
  6. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hmmm... I might have to pull it back apart... I didn't think the stock gasket was there, but now I realize it must be smashed up and flush against the turbo kind of like you're describing. I wanted to install it because I've been smelling a little more exhaust in cabin than I'd expect (even...
  7. T

Installed BFI Stage 1 Torque Arm Insert, so I'm now BFI Stage 1 all-around... The 45 minute drive I took after install was outstanding... I was slightly concerned about too big of an increase in NVH, but the increase is so minimal that the reduction in wheel hop and overall engine slop make it...
  8. T

ALTA FRONT LICENSE PLATE RELOCATE KIT | 2015-2017 VW GOLF MK7 GTI (AVP-BDY-207)... Link
  9. T

Front license plate relocate... With a Cobb plate to cover up the ugly stock plate holes... Feel like I paid too much for this setup, but I like it!
  10. T

Here's the finished product after a weekend of fun/pain.
  11. T

Fun Weekend

Spent a grand total of about 11-12 hours this weekend wrenching away after I received my box of CTS Turbo goodies last Thursday... My hands are scraped up, and I'm sore everywhere... but driving around last night on a Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune made it all worth it. Install List: CTS Intake CTS...
  12. T

New MK7 GTI Owner

New owner of a 2017 Golf GTI SE! Came from a Stage 3 Focus ST etuned by Stratified Auto... Looking forward to start modding the GTI over the next year (thinking stage 3 plus another e30 etune from Stratified), and I've enjoyed searching through all of the valuable information on this forum...