GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TheeBran

1. T

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

My car stalled once since the update. It was like 3 days after the update, hasn't happened since. It has gotten much colder here since then though. I'm also not driving the car nearly as much.
  2. T

Hey ya'll. I haven't posted in a while. My car still seems to be (mostly)good after the update, no stalling. However, I have picked up on a few things and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed since the fix, or even before it. So first is an inconsistent idle, this does not happen all...
  3. T

Rattles were in reference to a WRX. But if you did not have stalls before the update you probably won't have them at all. The stalls really seem to be due to do manufacturing tolerances or something. It would explain why some engines have it and others don't.
  4. T

Not quite sure at this point. It completely fixed the issue with the improper gear being indicated, but my car stalled once yesterday. This was the first time since the update, I have about 300 miles on the car since the update.
  5. T

I'd rather have a car that rattles, than one I cant drive.
  6. T

All has been good since the update for me as well, gear indicator is always showing correctly. However, VW's customer service has really shown its true colors for me since the update. First off, my first payment was rejected 2 times by VW Credit and I got smacked with 2 return payment fees and...
  7. T

Really?! I got mine fixed last Friday and the first thing I thought to myself was that there was a lot more rev hang after the update. OK, WTF VW?
  8. T

Not quite, for me anyway. I will not be able to rest easy until I actually know what caused the issue. I don't have tons of faith in VWs fixes ATM, especially seeing how they just reset the adaptation values for me multiple times and prayed to the EFI gods to bless my block and keep me...
  9. T

My bad, I thought you had meant they actually knew the cause. BTW, totally random, but do you happen to be a Software Developer or work in IT?
  10. T

The problem is known, not identified. Still nobody knows the true root cause of the issue. That's why I am dumbfounded that others who have had their car "fixed" are just OK with it. They band-aided a problem, sure it looks like they stopped the bleeding, but what other damage/problems lie...
  11. T

Well, I just got off the phone with the Case Manager, I did what you guys said I shouldn't and brought up my lawyer, without calling him first.(I've been having a rough week, so for better or worse, my emotions got the better of me and kinda just made me spew out "Should I get my lawyer...
  12. T

Very uncommon, but I guess there have been a few cases.
  13. T

Yes I understand that, but I would much rather not get lawyers involved at all as it will most certainly slow down the process even more.
  14. T

That's the thing, my car may already be considered a lemon under Ohio lemon law. And I am still met with great adversity with VW. Each time I have mentioned a buy back to my Regional Case Manager its met with a "Weeeelllll, there is still a lot we can try to try and rectify the issue.... blah...
  15. T

Integrated Engineering (IE) Stage 2 Issues

That's not how that works. Flashing an ECM does not magically make your warranty disappear. Now if you bricked the ECM because of the flash, you can bet your sweet ass they aint gonna cover that under warranty.