GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by theBrandler

1. theBrandler

Winter Tire Thread

I've got a dilemma for next season. Right now, I have Blizzaks on my stock Austins. The handling is decent, in fact I really don't notice any difference until I really start to push them. Though they do suck in the rain. This is likely their last season and looking on TireRack for next season...
  2. theBrandler

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

You should anyway. A spare has no business being on the front with a FWD car. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  3. theBrandler

Lightweight oil is for fuel economy, and sometimes for getting oil flow into stubborn parts of the engine. Also increases wear though. What are these stalling issue you speak of? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  4. theBrandler

Does it hurt anything? I've noticed this in mine too, DSG. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  5. theBrandler

Sat in a 2019 rabbit edition last week. Felt identical to my 2015. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  6. theBrandler

Need a single Austin wheel, new Hampshire or Massachusetts

I've got a wheel out of round. I just need one Austin, doesn't need to be pretty, just round and balanced. Looking to spend about $90 or so. I'm in Southern New Hampshire / northern Massachusetts area I'm trying not to spend too much on it because I'm saving up to put all new wheels on it next...
  7. theBrandler

Praise them for this! I love it when manufacturers use those. Those little screws DON'T STRIP! I ONLY use torx for everything I build. Saves so many headaches for having to drill out a screw when the head strips. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  8. theBrandler

My interior lighting is all led. 2015 GTI S Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  9. theBrandler

Ok, so there is an air vent rotary knob in the glove box, and the manual only points to it and says "air vent" why is there an air vent in my glove box!? Is it actually blowing into the glove box? Why is there no more info about this in the manual?
  10. theBrandler

Jack came pre-broken with my car...

Got a flat, no big deal. Tried to change the flat, my jack froze half way while trying to lower the car after putting on the spare. The whole time I noticed this jack was super hard to crank. As you can see from the pictures, I broke the crank trying to lower the car. Had to borrow a jack from a...
  11. theBrandler

Oh you mean the book that didn't come with my Pre-owned car that VW won't give me a pdf of like every other car company does, online for free? No, instead we get a clunky slow interface online only accessible if you type in your VIN. Why? Thankfully the dealer ordered me one and I'm picking...
  12. theBrandler

No I hadn't tried that because they did not have any labeling suggestive of that functionality. Thank you! I will try this. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  13. theBrandler

Is there a way to change the increment amount of the cruise control? 5mph is far too big to try to adjust to match traffic. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  14. theBrandler

Lighter replacement for stock Austins?

I just got my 2015 GTI S a few weeks ago, and the previous owner left the car in mostly fantastic shape, apart from the wheels which have some serious curb rash. The fronts are the worst but the rears are not great. I really like the look of the Austins, but replacing them is expensive!!! $240...
  15. theBrandler

Ramp (almost) disaster - what ramps for MK7 GTI?

Over the weekend I changed the oil for my DSG. That was trivial. What was not trivial was getting the GTI on and off the ramps to do this job. I went out and bought Rhino Ramps, the 12,000lb rated variety as that's what I've seen recommended on here (granted no weight rating was recommended so...