GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TheBobmanNH

1. TheBobmanNH

2018 S 6 MT to 2020 SE DSG honest comparison

Wish I could have found a GTI in the states with the Tartan seats, no luck though. Drove a DSG Audi for two years and went back to the 6MT for the GTI. Just... who I am I guess. Could never get used to the DSG. Luckily don't need approval from Clarkson. ;)
  2. TheBobmanNH

Front license plate bracket

Fair enough, couldn't tell from the original post. Just know when I was researching mounts they all were careful to mention it.
  3. TheBobmanNH

Front license plate bracket

I'd be careful about this option, blocking airflow across the intercooler is not a great idea.
  4. TheBobmanNH

Post Resonator delete issues

Maybe it's different on the GTI. I did it on my last Audi and it was definitely noticeable. Even my wife who notices nothing asked if my car was louder. *shrug*
  5. TheBobmanNH

Post Resonator delete issues

I mean... it obviously has an effect on sound....
  6. TheBobmanNH

Southern NH Shops

Zak's Auto in Hudson is fantastic. https://www.zaksauto.com/performance/tuning/
  7. TheBobmanNH

Show me you license plate frames!!

Just got these the other day, along with the plaid inlays for the emblems.
  8. TheBobmanNH

climatronic retrofit?

Who said you have to say anything? I "simply" disagree. A "blast" may have been an exaggeration for effect, but I don't find that the automatic systems ever blow "pleasant" temperature air. Maybe I'm overly sensitive. That's why there are options. I was stating an opinion on these systems...
  9. TheBobmanNH

climatronic retrofit?

I regret making my opinion known. You guys do you. I have had more than a dozen cars, many new (including a 2019 Audi that I just got rid of), and I have yet to find a "climatronic" or equivalent system that works well.
  10. TheBobmanNH

climatronic retrofit?

I get that that's what they intend to do, I just think they do a poor job of it. My problem is that they all seem to assume your car is the size of an aircraft carrier. Cars are small, the air blows directly onto you in most cases (even when it's not blowing directly onto you, it's pretty...
  11. TheBobmanNH

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

2 weeks into GTI ownership in southern NH. Actually traded an Audi for the thing because I just missed rowing my own gears and having a fun hatch much more than I enjoyed the fancy badge. After this winter I'll probably go stage 1 for a little extra oomph but overall very happy with it!
  12. TheBobmanNH

climatronic retrofit?

Kind of amazed anyone would want to do this. Never found those automatic systems to work nearly well enough to replace the manual controls.