GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tehfalcon

1. tehfalcon

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Ordered a CJX engine to go in my GTI. Obviously going to need a custom tune but figured I’d go with the ‘better’ engine.
  2. tehfalcon

In process: Alibaba GTI build

My DKFA just blew. Which one should I be looking at?
  3. tehfalcon

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Yes that’s exactly how flex works. You can run 91 all the way up to full e85 and the tune will adjust for it automatically. APR will never do this.
  4. tehfalcon

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

APR really dropped the ball on GTI/TT/A3 owners not developing the upgraded fueling tunes for them. We all know the engines are essentially just as capable. I’m in the middle of getting a Flex/MPI/LPFP/HPFP/DP custom tune done on mine and there really is a lot of room left on these turbos.
  5. tehfalcon

MK7 Misfire issue higher rpms

Reopening an old thread for discussion as I've been fighting a high rpm misfire for almost a year now. Finally got Simos Tool's to do some logging. misfire starting at 5800~ rpm. Engine compression tested 150-155psi across all cylinders, no odd sounds from the engine. less than 40,000 miles on...
  6. tehfalcon

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

anyone running the MK8 PCV + Tiguan Venturi setup with a Hybrid turbo? Currently running a CTS Can on my DTR6054 but if there's evidence it's doing bad things, I'm happy to change.
  7. tehfalcon

Wastegate Actuator Adjustment

get an is38 wastegate actuator, I never could get the is20 one to work correctly on the DTR
  8. tehfalcon

APR DSG tune behaving badly? "No auto-upshift in manual" only working occasionally

It will still auto upshift in certain conditions to keep from damaging things, however it will automatically downshift back into the previous gear if you slow down after it upshifts. It's expected safety behavior
  9. tehfalcon

Open source tuning solution

Can I have an invite to the discord?
  10. tehfalcon

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

You’re insane if you think motors blew because of the DTR. Motors blow on every turbo out there including stock. I monitor live data right on my dash with PolarFIS. Absolutely nothing indicating any issues, car drives perfect, and I have almost 10k miles on it this way :)
  11. tehfalcon

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

FWIW, I’m using a HFC Downpipe and O2 spacer on my DTR, improved spool over using stock pipe and no CEL. Pulls hard and is killer up top compared to my IS38. I don’t see a reason to get custom tuned on it as logs show everything is fine even with the downpipe.
  12. tehfalcon

Has anyone changed tunes to try alternatives?

The point was that it wasn’t tested for something as simple as that before release.
  13. tehfalcon

Nope. Only blown my turbo on EQT.
  14. tehfalcon

Well right out of the gate, EQT's OTS Stage 2 tune blew my turbo on the first pull after it peaked at 32psi, way more than anything else I'd ran. So yeah, after that I was gone. Before that happened to me, EQT also blew a couple guys motors because they don't really do any R&D/Testing like the...