GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Talguy

1. Talguy

2013 Passat Halogen Headlights suck

So I finally wiped out VCDS and upped the voltage on the headlights. Man that made a noticeable difference. My GF is going to drive around for the next week with just the higher voltage and then we'll see if we'll buy better bulbs. Her passat does not have fog lights unfortunately.
  2. Talguy

Thanks for the tips. I was planning to aim her lights up. How much did you increase the voltage by? I would love to install some HID headlights in her car but she's not willing to invest in them even if I cough up half the costs.
  3. Talguy

So my girlfriend has a 2013 Passat SE with the halogen headlights, man they do not have any output distance on them at night. Besides realigning them what else could I do to increase the brightness for her safety and that won't blind others at night? looking for some options that are under $200
  4. Talguy

Looking for artwork of vintage racecars

Those are really nice. A little pricey for prints but super nice. ooo good call. I really like this one What would also be awesome is an exploded view of an F1 car. Been trying to find one
  5. Talguy

Looking for artwork of vintage racecars

I just moved into a new apartment and would like to add some vintage racecar artwork to my bachelor pad. If you know of any good ones drop a link here even if its an image file that I could get printed.
  6. Talguy

Android Auto...What are your thoughts?

It is in fact display mirroring but over a wireless protocol maybe a hardwired interface. the applications will run on your phone and the app developers will have a Auto mode interface built into the app you're using while in the car. Your phone will recognize that it is tethered to your car...
  7. Talguy

Basically your headunits acts like a Chromecast. All apps are running on your phone and are displayed on the headunit. The headunit is able to send back touch commands to the phone. I like this idea as I'll be able to have up to date applications and navigation services displayed on my...
  8. Talguy

I'm a huge android fan and have been waiting for a nice integrated solution of android with a vehicles head unit. Today Google announced android auto and I want to know what everyone's thoughts are on it? I really hope a 3rd party manufacturer makes a headunit with android auto baked in that...
  9. Talguy

VW Beetle R

Spy shots just appeared of the Beetle R. Looks similar to the R-line, but suppose to have the S3 engine in it. Also look at the size of those front brakes. Why doesn't the R get those. Looks like 6 piston calipers too. http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/02/vw-beetle-r-spy-shots/
  10. Talguy

Calling all cooks and foodies

Yea they're awesome and give a great punch.
  11. Talguy

So I've made some progress this weekend. I got her to eat pickled onions with her buritto last night. small wins are good wins.
  12. Talguy

Chili Debate: Beans vs No Beans

hahah you started this thread after the mini debate we had in mine. Also I vote BEANS!. but it has to be kidney beans
  13. Talguy

Bender that sounds awesome, you're a straight up robotic beast in the kitchen it sounds like. I think I'm gonna try it this weekend.
  14. Talguy

Its not that bad. My roommate and I have been throwing a turkeyfest dinner party at our place for 3 years now. We use the christmas turkies our company gives us. This past year was our largest with 30 people crammed into our small apartment. We smoked one turkey (it was the best), we fried a...
  15. Talguy

So my girlfriend told that she picked the chunks of tomatoes off her pizza. These are the jumps that come in the pizza sauce. They're not terribly big. She ceases to amaze me.