GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sstarrx2

1. sstarrx2

Sold My GTI... Regretted it... Jetta GLI?

Oh I agree, and you did get a good deal. It is nice to be a repeat customer as that always works in your favor. The sales manager down there just ran me in circles and actually lied to me like he thought I was stupid. You can't start a relationship like yours at a dealership if they pull your...
  2. sstarrx2

Sold My GTI... Regretted it... Jetta GLI?

Nice GLI...I would not buy a car from South Charlotte though...I like keeping my money!! I got my GTI for about $3000 less at Gastonia than South would sell theirs to me. Keffer was worse.
  3. sstarrx2

Wow, what a loss!!!

It is the same ship. The one that caught fire in February has now sunk in the Atlantic.
  4. sstarrx2

Wow, what a loss!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/cargo-ship-carrying-thousands-cars-165914775.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall
  5. sstarrx2

MK7 defrosting issues

Same here...always have the AC on to keep humidity down. It is necessary in the South.
  6. sstarrx2

Ethanol and the environment

There is no stopping progress. Lithium battery technology is just starting and who knows they may come up with better battery technology in the not too distant future, that is not as harmful as having to mine for it. There is one thing we do know. Burning gasoline and other fossil fuels is...
  7. sstarrx2

Ethanol and the environment

I paid $4.429 for 93 today. Officially the most I have ever paid per gallon for gas. $49 to fill up a GTI is crazy!!
  8. sstarrx2

Recall on gear shifter trim

I would not let the dealer touch the my car unless it was actually needing to be replaced. The only reason they recalled this was due to personal injury claims. If folks had not gotten injured on the jagged trim, you would be paying for the replacement. My guess is an overwhelming majority of...
  9. sstarrx2

Yeah...as soon as it looks like it is trying to pull up, I will go get it replaced. I wonder if the car getting really hot inside causes it ? My car is garaged 98% of its life.
  10. sstarrx2

OEM LED headlight retrofit for GTI

Yeah, he lost me and I stopped watching as soon as he said gap and I saw said gaps!
  11. sstarrx2

Yeah, I got the letter for my 2021 in the mail the other day as well. Brand new car with less than 10,000 miles...nothing wrong with the trim. I guess I will file it away for 5 years too.
  12. sstarrx2

Cracked fog light surrounding area

Yeah...MacGyver that shit!!
  13. sstarrx2

Cracked fog light surrounding area

No repairing that. You will need to replace all that trim. Not sure what part number that is, but you should be able to look it up.
  14. sstarrx2

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Just about everything is crazy expensive now. It will not end until this period of high inflation does. That will probably require marked increase in interest rates and probably some period of time in a recession with high unemployment. Once that is over we may start to see some daylight...
  15. sstarrx2

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Plenty of new cars out there being sold at MSRP...that market garbage is just that...garbage.