GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Square1

1. Square1

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

What a drag. Brutal luck.
  2. Square1

My GTI my way

It was almost a full build. JE 83mm pistons. IE rods. APR springs and retainers. Valves. ARP stuff. Mild Port and valve seats machined. I'm not sure what else was left to do. I started with a 5000km (3000 mile) Golf R long block which I probably could've just put upgraded internals in and left...
  3. Square1

My GTI my way

It's gone a lot slower than expected but we're getting there. Engine is for the most part assembled and just about ready for transplant. This should move along a little quicker now. I feel like some of the parts I bought when I decided to go this route are already getting dated.
  4. Square1

I had a splitter with rods but I never installed it. I just didn't see that an M6 screw with a nut on the back would be able to take that amount of weight. Maybe I'm wrong.
  5. Square1

I'm surprised this doesn't happen to more people. They look pretty but I couldn't bring myself to install one. The splitter rods are just about useless.
  6. Square1

Rich's 2015 GTI SE 2dr

The rear brakes are such a waste of cash ................ I did mine as well. It looks great. (y)(y)🍺
  7. Square1

My GTI my way

Well here's my update: The engine is still being built and I am glad I bought a second engine because I think I would have shelved the car by now if I couldn't drive it. So long story short ........ no update. I did replace my old F150 5.0 with a 2021 F150 3.5 and I really like it. I'm just...
  8. Square1

Sorry to hear about the brakes. It happened to me years ago and I didn't notice until I heard a continuous clicking and realized my wheel was disappearing and loose. I never ran R888r but I always thought they were bigger. I was planning on running a set next year because they discontinued the...
  9. Square1

Why don't more people utilize Methanol injection?

I personally like meth but I've never had it fail. My valves were also spotless at 50,000km when I thought I needed a carbon service. I do not have an kind of failsafe and you can roast through a gallon in no time at the track.
  10. Square1

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Like for aero discs lol
  11. Square1

Immature kids and their BOVs

I got a cracked tune which I don't really like but it's there for now and a BOV. I like it. Lol My kid has a BOV, open intake and loud exhaust. He really likes it lol. I think he'd quit driving without the woosh. 😁
  12. Square1

My GTI my way

That's what I got planned for the MK2 but I've never run it before. I got an AFR gauge installed and my "catalytic" is looking a little unique. I think I've done enough homework to do this right and if everything fails it's 20V time.
  13. Square1

My GTI my way

Nice 👍🏻
  14. Square1

My GTI my way

I managed to finish up the 1990 MK2 with the 2.0 but NOS doesn't like to sell nitrous kits anymore. I'm not sure what's up with them. I purchased half a NX kit from someone with a full bottle so I'm just waiting for bits to show up and the purge kit. My GTI should be ready one day. Lol