GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SpinKix

1. S

Official MK7 Maintenance Schedule + VAG Oil Specs ERWIN direct links

2017 Volkswagen GTI Maintenance Schedule For USA https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10161299-0001.pdf
  2. S

17 GTI S Chirping Noise

That's EXACTLY the sound my pulley made before VW replaced it under warranty. As noted by others it got louder when making a left turn.
  3. S

17 GTI S Chirping Noise

Parts replaced by VW (1) 06K-103-649-J - oil pan gasket (1) 06H-105-243-K - damper (1) WHT-001-760 - screw ( harmonic balancer bolt ) (1) 06L-103-085-B - seal Tech Tip 13-18-01TT helped. There was a groove in the pulley. They replaced the seal without removing the timing...
  4. S

LP headlight pointing to ground on passenger side

I started up last night, and noticed the passenger side headlight didn't look right. (2017 GTI SE with LP) Driving down the road it was pointed down, aimed about 15 ft ahead. The driver's side was normal. I shut the car off for a few minutes, and when I started the car, it went through the...
  5. S

Why do SD card Mp3 files get lost until reset?

For some strange reason, some of my SD card Mp3 files go missing from the index. They show as unavailable on playlists, or don't play when artist is selected. When I safely eject and re-insert the SD card or reset media to factory settings, they come back for a few days, then disappear again...
  6. S

Oil Extractor question - level or slope ?

Getting ready to do my first oil change from factory to Liqui Moly @ 3000 mi. I plan to buy a Pela extractor as it seems to be the most reliable based on Amazon reviews. Problem is I have a sloped driveway, and no level surface. Reading posts here, I noticed some have removed more oil by...
  7. S

VW Will Pay Dealers $1.2 Billion as U.S. Judge Approves Settlement

Don't know if this is old news, but on Jan 23, 2017 a judge approved the VW dealers' class action settlement. Dealers will receive an average of 1.8 million paid over 18 months. VW also agreed to maintain volume based incentive payments to dealers. What this means to anyone (like me)...
  8. S

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Thanks for the thorough detailed explanation!
  9. S

What about navigation, does it work over Bluetooth? My problem is storage on the phone. Just 32g. If I knew I'd be using it for music I would have bought one with more memory.
  10. S

The VW of America website is pretty good at providing information to find a car, even ones on the way to dealers. 1. Go to http://www.vw.com and click on "BUILD YOU OWN" on the left of the page. Enter your zip code. Go through the process and configure the exact one you're looking for. When...
  11. S

Haven't bought my GTI SE yet, but have a question. I don't store music on my Nexus Android phone. I just want to store music on the SD card in the car. How do Android Auto and MIB2 get along together? Can I be playing music from the SD card (don't know if AA can play it, or MIB2 has to) and...