GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SpecFroce

1. S

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

@golfdave i think Saborway might be the VW supplier for the original parts themselves. Either the vendor themselves have a AliExpress-store, or the vendor deals only in parts from that supplier.
  2. S

Hey Dave. Just curious: which mods have you performed to the car? I’m thinking about adding the lane assist feature where the mirrors light up if someone is in the other lane and hard to see. And perhaps changing my rear view mirror for the one that’s edgeless.
  3. S

Retrofit Rear USB-C port help with trim piece

Hi. I have a E-Golf MK7 that I retrofitted the cable harness from the cigarette outlet and onwards to add new dual USB C-ports in my car. The install itself went really well, except that I can’t find a trim piece that fits my cars ventilation duct in the middle so I can mount the USB module...
  4. S

I had the same experience. It turns out that the correct wiring harness is this one: NOK 71.36 | USB wiring harness USB Type-c charger wiring harness 12V break-free wiring harness https://a.aliexpress.com/_m03sgNk The only thing missing for me is the correct rear black trim piece for the usb...
  5. S

9.2 inch retrofit

@RedIguana your dealership can update the software. They are the only ones who officially have access to it.
  6. S

9.2 inch retrofit

If you have physical buttons on the left and right hand side of your multimedia screen, then you have the older MIB 2. The newer screens have touch buttons for all functions in addition to gesture control. You need A new screen, glovebox unit, new frame with vents and coding+component...
  7. S

The vendor said they were plug and play so, sure. A little. But I did expect some coding. It turns out based on the information I got here that it’s plug and play in China and that the mods require additional wiring. No biggie. I can get that taken care of during a visit to my dealership with...
  8. S

@TheMuffinMan I have access to ODIS and I assume it needs to be coded. All of the functions except the auto off button are available on the infotainment screen, so it’s a matter of making the car recognise the additional buttons. Where did I express that I expected it to work magically ?
  9. S

Hi all. I tried to do this mod on my E-golf and figured it would be a easy job. I installed everything correctly and found a wiring harness that fits the usb module without any extra hassle. For reference it can be found here: USB wiring harness USB Type-c charger wiring harness 12V break-free...
  10. S

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

@simaservis1108 I did buy the unit from a third party and it was activated by my official VW dealership with online coding the very first time and connected with my car. If this unit was reported as stolen then I would have gotten feedback about that quickly and the activation would not have...
  11. S

Corrupt RCC and component protection

Hi everyone. I have a MIB 2.5 unit that was retrofitted to my MK7. Coding and adaptations went fine and everything worked until I decided to update the unit on my own. I managed to corrupt the RCC and the flash partition and I sent my unit to the UK for recovery. The procedure was successful...
  12. S

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

Hi everyone. I have a MIB 2.5 unit that was retrofitted to my MK7. Coding and adaptations went fine and everything worked until I decided to update the unit on my own. I managed to corrupt the RCC and the flash partition and I sent my unit to the UK for recovery. The procedure was successful...