GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Slipstream

1. Slipstream

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs for the 2015-21 VW GTI (MK7 / MK7.5)

I'd be curious to know how these look on a 6MT car too. If they already have a slight rear rake on DSG, 6MTs are likely going to be more noticeable.
  2. Slipstream

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

NOW we're talkin'! Will there be an 18" option as well?
  3. Slipstream

Integrated Engineering intake

I haven't purchased anything yet but was weighing the closed IE intake and the closed APR intake. I'm fine that no intake is going to add much power, I just want a little more excitement under the hood without sounding like I'm racing anyone/everyone.
  4. Slipstream

Integrated Engineering intake

Has anyone tried the intake with and without the lid? I definitely want more noise, but I don't want it to be obnoxious. I'm willing to cough up another $300+ for the lid if it helps.
  5. Slipstream

Beginner’s Guide / Tips for Buying a Street-Based Suspension

@Hammersticks - Would you say the Konis at full soft are on par with the B8s for firmness and responsiveness? Considering one of these two paired with either DG springs or H&R OEs - I want to close up the wheel gap and tighten up the responsiveness a bit, but not heavily impact the ride...
  6. Slipstream

Anybody using H&R OE Sport springs?

Has anyone found a good solution for reverse rake on 6MT cars? Considering pairing the OE Sports with either B8s or Konis but despise rake (either direction). I've heard of some people doubling up on TT pads - is this recommended?
  7. Slipstream

What about an "unofficial" reveal? ;) The SM-10 is my least favorite of the four Apex designs, but if the others are any indication I'm intrigued by what you guys are working on.
  8. Slipstream

Any chance we might see an EC-7 or 7R in our fitment?
  9. Slipstream

What are your favourite winter tires?

The Alpin PA4s are phenomenal as a winter tire, but I agree - they have limits in deep snow. If you're in the kind of climate that gets freezing cold and have decent road clearing services, the PA4s are a no-brainer. Legitimately the best winter tire I've ever owned for my usage. If you're out...
  10. Slipstream

Neuspeed RSe10

Neuspeed wheels use the same centerbore as stock too. They should bolt right up without any extra parts/centering rings.
  11. Slipstream

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Make sure to share some post-settling pics. I'm looking at these or H&R OE Sports for mine, as I'm in the "dad/grown-up" demographic now too. (y)
  12. Slipstream

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Planning on it, but the stock caps for Nogaros are a few mm too small. Apparently we have to use MK6 GTI caps?
  13. Slipstream

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finally got the summers mounted. RSE10s with 235/40/18 PS4s. I was skeptical about the PS4s being as good as the hype, but they really are... the grip & comfort is phenomenal. (please excuse the dirt and stock suspension height - working on both ASAP)
  14. Slipstream

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

India's headed for a world of hurt, unfortunately. The curve is almost straight up, and while heavily rural, even their rural populations are super dense.
  15. Slipstream

Show us your MK7

It was - I traded it in for the GTI a couple of years ago. It was an awesome looking car with an even better sound (T5s sound amazing uncorked) but it was getting old and I was going to need something with four doors in the near future. The GTI is dramatically better in almost every possible...