GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by shz702

1. S

Helix dongle near Sacramento?

Hey guys, I just installed a helix subwoofer in my Tiguan over the weekend. I'm on the list in the dongle rental thread but I was hoping to find someone local to help me out. I can pay you for your time or straight up buy the dongle from you if you want to sell it. Thanks
  2. S

Sound deadening to reduce road noise

Anybody done this? I'm really digging all the audio stuff I've done lately, it sounds great, but as soon as I hop on the freeway all the road noise drowns out the sub and all the low end of my music unless I turn it way up. What's the best way to tackle this? I've been eyeing products from...
  3. S

For those of you running an amp in the hatch

Is there an easy grounding point under the carpet in the hatch? I have my sub, amp, and wiring kit coming this week and I'm trying to visualize the install. Any pics of the grounding point would be awesome. Side question: How difficult is it to remove the door sill panels to run the wiring...
  4. S

AVIN 8" Nav Screen + EXTRAS! $450 shipped

SOLD
  5. S

Connects2 Dash Kit to install any aftermarket head unit

So this will be my next project, I'll be installing the connects2 dash kit and an Alpine ILX-007 tomorrow. I discovered this kit last December from Enfig Car Audio's youtube videos. At the time I ended up going with AVIN's 8" unit which has been great. It does everything it's intended to do...
  6. S

What is your occupation?

microbiology tech in a medical lab.
  7. S

Any experience with Soumatrix speakers?

They are a forum sponsor on vortex and they posted up a sale for this weekend, buy one get one free. Meaning if you buy the front speakers they'll throw in the backs for free. $250 to replace all 4 door speakers and it's plug and play. I went ahead and pulled the trigger, they seem to have some...
  8. S

Accessing car info via vcds?

Sorry just thinking out loud here. Once idatalink comes out with the maestro RR for our cars it will open up a world of possibilities for aftermarket screens. All the major audio brands are idatalink compatible which will allow us to keep all oem functions through the aftermarket screen. I...
  9. S

Phone mirroring/Nav/USB playback with your stock screen

Came across this yesterday, made by Connects2. These are the same guys making the "infodapter" dash kits to run aftermarket head units like what Enfig is selling. Looks like it has all the features of the avin 8" unit but uses your stock screen. For those of you worried about the oem resolution...
  10. S

Running wires from rear hatch to the dash

I am going to install a backup camera from the hatch to the back of my screen (I installed the avin 8" screen recently.) What's the easiest way to snake the wires, along the floor under the sills or from above along the roof line and down the a-pillar? I'm assuming guys with aftermarket...
  11. S

avinusa.com rear backup camera

avinusa.com has their 8" nav unit on sale so I decided to give it a shot. I was wondering if anyone has their rear backup camera and how good it was. https://avinusa.com/vw-emblem-flip-camera-for-vw-golf-7-gti-r.html Is it comparable to stock? It would be nice to run this instead of spending...
  12. S

Any ideas for matching the brushed aluminum trim pieces?

I've been looking at the AVINUSA 8" screen for the mk7 but they don't sell the brushed aluminum trim piece for LHD cars. I contacted them and they said that most customers are just using the black trim piece instead. I can't imagine that looks very good at all, especially if you are trying to go...
  13. S

Guide for adjusting headlight beam?

I just put my order in for some Helix HID's from opdparts.com and was wondering if there's any guides on how to properly adjust the beams so I'm not blinding drivers on the road. How did you guys do it once you were finished installing them?
  14. S

Which HID's? Ed's or OPDparts?

Looks like both are well liked on this forum, wondering which company to go with? OPDparts.com come preinstalled with HID's for $550, Ed's with black friday sale is $590. Any opinions?