GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by scaper28

1. S

DIY Discover Pro MIB2 High (MIB2.5) and 9.2” display retrofit guide

I agree , I dont know if I should try to update my can gateway or try and have the mib2.5 reflashed / reset and start again myself.
  2. S

Typically that is unknown both the mib2.5 9inch and reverse camera was installed at the same time , it worked with my previous factory sat nav though.
  3. S

Thanks again for your help. Sadly I have checked those three adaptations and they are correctly set on mine , its weird the parking sensors beep but just do not show on the screen , and also pressing the parking sensor button does not make it display on the screen either , the unit is CP...
  4. S

That is good to know but crappy for me as mine does not work when I press the button lol. I think so would you mind telling me what adaptations to check with VCDS and I will check them over. I was not sure if it was my gateway being a 2013 early MK7 Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)...
  5. S

Morning Brent I meant to ask do your parking sensors work ok and show on the screen when you press the parking sensor button ? After my 9.2inch retrofit mine are not working , At first I thought it may be the reverse camera as I know there is some glitch with the highline one, However I...
  6. S

Highline to lowline reverse camera

Hi all I had a highline reverse camera fitted but I don’t like the fact my parking sensors don’t show up properly and the unit isn’t calibrated , I have now bought a used genuine low line camera and the low line wiring kit . I wondered if it was possible to use some of the highline wiring to...
  7. S

Golf MK7 Seat Swap

Well the seats I purchased from ebay arrived , the plug was all damaged , however when I removed my seat I have three connectors and the GTD heated ones only have two connectors.. Is there a way to get around this by adapters or something ?
  8. S

Is My Turbo Failing ?

Yes 100% it’s coming from the turbo sadly , I just can’t tell if it’s failing or wishful thinking a leak in pipe somewhere ? At the moment apart form noise the car is driving without any issues ,
  9. S

Is My Turbo Failing ?

Hi All My Golf 2.0 GT TDI is making a whine noise from the turbo, I know it was remapped before I purchased it and claimed was due to remap but I am now wondering if the turbo is failing ? I have no loss of power or smoke but the noise is irritating me now . I did not rev it to much due to...
  10. S

Golf MK7 Seat Swap

Hi All I have beige heated leather in my car but I want to change the seats to the GTD material heated ones. Apart from physically swapping them out do I need to swap the seat airbag modules over or anything ? I presume the plugs will be the same ? Any advice would be appreciated.
  11. S

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

Easy to replace that part , it is only a 10k variable resistor and can be bought for under a couple of bucks .
  12. S

Anyone else find Mk7 Seats uncomfortable?

I am finding my seats are to high even on the lowest setting , I find I am tilting my head down which in turn is causing me to have bad neck pain . Anyone else find the seats to high on the lowest setting and is there a way to resolve this ?
  13. S

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Hatchback I think it is 5G0 827 469 F
  14. S

Thanks Brent , I will have a look at the sound settings editor , I am also using a helix subwoofer system which sounds ok but the bass does not seem as loud as it did with the original head unit
  15. S

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

I do not think it is a wiring issue either , I think it is the unit that has gone faulty. the camera is working it is just the boot opening side of it , that requires the handle/leaver to be pushed back really hard to make it work . The errors on vcds scan showing wrong dataset and calibration...