GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Sami4sunday

1. Sami4sunday

Latest “Disable Auto Stop/Start” Thread

Received the harness today. $15 AliExpress. 5min install. Worked perfectly & instantaneously on start up 👍
  2. Sami4sunday

Blind Spot Monitors Not Very Bright

I just came from a Lexus IS and the blind spot mirror light was wayy brighter. It’s identical in size and shape, and when it came on there was no chance of missing it. On the GTI (mine is a 2021 SE) the light is so weak, you’re not really sure it’s on and find myself doing a shoulder check...
  3. Sami4sunday

I’ll second that. I prefer to keep it as OEM as possible with zero errors. Though JimLloyd’s is an excellent fix, just a personal preference I guess. Found one for $15 at AE, I’ll share my experience after I order/install.
  4. Sami4sunday

Perfection. Thank You Maiden69. I’ll order from AE. Since you installed one, anything worth mentioning on the install? I found this video on a 2018, seems straightforward. I’m hoping it’s no different for a 2021.
  5. Sami4sunday

I recently bought a 2021 GTI SE and so far she drives like a dream. The folks at VW of course had to kill that dream by insisting on not giving us an option to permanently disengage the auto stop/start feature. What is the easiest / cost effective way to solve this problem? Soldering my own...
  6. Sami4sunday

Emissions Question - Help Needed!

FYI- VW US sent me a Letter of Origin confirming the vehicle met all safety and emissions standards in the US and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards. This applies to the 7.5mk assembled in Mexico.
  7. Sami4sunday

I’ll look for that too before handing over my cash
  8. Sami4sunday

Thank you! I’ll be getting one similar to yours, white SE with black wheels.
  9. Sami4sunday

Thanks guys for the feedback, and Jomlloyd for the tip. I did call two dealers in CARB states and both said the same thing. Brand new VWs are all built to meet the highest emissions standards across the US, so can be registered in any state.
  10. Sami4sunday

I’m looking to buy a new 2021 GTI this week from an out of state dealer and not sure if the car meets the high CA emissions standards in my state. The dealer says this is a non-issue as VW builds all US cars to the same high emissions standards. I’m not entirely sure, as I read GTIs have a...
  11. Sami4sunday

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Thank you cb1111, spaceworm, Jimlloyd for the reality check. I’m gonna wait it out. I feel the mk7 is the one to have. Feedback on the mk8 infotainment, AC, connectivity etc related to the all new digital layout has been more negative on EU forums. Not trying to knock it, but 2022 might be the...
  12. Sami4sunday

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

After months of research I decided on a 2021 GTI Autobahn DSG. Can’t live without ACC. As many said, there aren’t that many new ones out there. I found only 3 in WA/OR with MSRP around 39k, but sitting on the lot over 6 months. Is offering 35k OTD too low? Or 35k before taxes, fees, etc? Should...