GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sackofcheese

1. S

WFox's Autocross Journal

I need to come out to a STL region event. I first started autocrossing at Family Arena back in 2014 since that’s where my parents live. Those FA courses look like so much fun in an STH car, not so much in an STR NA Miata.
  2. S

70,000 miles with JB4

I haven’t had mine done yet, and I just rolled over 90k. I’m not experiencing any symptoms of it needing it, but will be getting it done at 100k. I also do mostly highway miles, and lots of spirited driving/Autocross
  3. S

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

If anyone is needing tires, Tire Rack has a ton of RE71Rs on close out right now.
  4. S

Hankook RS4s, I have a set on my NA Miata.
  5. S

U0212 -- Lost Communication with Steering Control Module

I had this code pop up on my 2015 Autobahn DSG this past Saturday 1/16. I also lost all of the buttons and paddle shifters on the steering wheel itself. I took it to my local VW dealer today and it was the clockspring that is bad. However it was somehow still under warranty, even though I bought...
  6. S

2021 HPDE Plans

I have a beater NA Miata with a basic track day/HPDE set up
  7. S

I never tried my GTI in GS. My normal autocross car was my NA Miata that was classed into STR because HPDE car with a Torsen diff. I realized that car wasn’t ever going to be competitive when I have a National’s level prepped ND1 Miata that runs STR locally. I initially modified my GTI to make...
  8. S

What tunes does everyone run on their cars. I want to be class legal, and my warranty has been over for a while now. I was leaning towards a Cobb AP for a stage 1 tune. I know a few people with EQT tunes on the Cobb AP. However they’re all wannabe drag racers that only care about maximum power...
  9. S

I’ve broken 3 of the 4 that came with my Miata shocks 🤦‍♂️ The GTI ones are still new so I’ve got 3 more to break.
  10. S

I did not realize that would be STH legal. Although the plates are non adjustable so I couldn’t really get much more out of them. They came with the springs I bought from a fellow autocrosses that was trading in his MK7 daily driver.
  11. S

I thought you weren’t allowed to modify the shock tower in Street touring? My setup guru had to finesse mine to make it work without drilling the hole slightly bigger.
  12. S

I already have Konis, springs, and Camber plates. I was going to pick up some Falken RT660s to mount on my stock wheels this spring. I’ll probably just remove the JB4 for the nationals event then. I doubt I’ll be competitive. The last one I went to in my ES prepped NA Miata I took 2nd to last...
  13. S

They’re non adjustable, and people have issues getting Koni adjusters to fit through the shock towers.
  14. S

2021 HPDE Plans

I’m planning on doing all of my track days in my Miata, unless it breaks then the Autocross GTI will be tapped for duty
  15. S

Slight off topic from suspension but what’s the general consensus on running a JB4 on the car? I currently have one on mine that has never caused an issue locally, but I want to take the car to a national tour event in 2021. Kinda don’t want to shell out the cash for a real flash tune since I...