GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ryanhallinger

1. R

Has anyone had experience with using Meyle or Febi components?

@golfdave, thanks. This is a good starting list. Since I'm not an expert on VW or European cars, I'm going to be reliant on the advise of experts such as you.
  2. R

Thanks @golfdave. Is there a list of components you would recommend should be VW oem (other than the cambelt) and those that can be Meyle or Febi?
  3. R

MK7 TSI 1.4 Highline Owner's manual

Where can I find the owner's manual for a Golf MK7 TSI 1.4T Highline?
  4. R

@golfdave, thanks. What about cambelts? Would Meyle or VW parts be a better option?
  5. R

@golfdave, based on your feedback I take it that Meyle are superior than the original VW replacements.
  6. R

@SouthFL_Mk7.5, most posts outside of here so far suggest Meyle & Febi are unreliable and of poor quality. Has it changed recently? Are they better than VW OEM?
  7. R

MK7 OEM/OES authoritative source

Does they only serve the US market?
  8. R

@golfdave, @jay745, HD? Is the recommendation to opt Meyle over Lemforder (which I think is OEM)? How are they better? Supposedly Meyle isn't a supplier to Volkswagen according to this post.
  9. R

If I'm not mistaken, Meyle & Febi parts are considered to be aftermarket components. How reliable are they and do they meet the same quality standards as OEM pars?
  10. R

MK7 OEM/OES authoritative source

Hi there, With an upcoming replacement of several components, is there a definitive source of OEM/OES e.g. Bosch, Lemforder and so on?
  11. R

2013 Volkswagen Golf MK7 Highline purchase guidance

I did not know that. Just learned something new. Is there a sure fire way to tell if the rubber has deteriorated.
  12. R

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Does the rubber deteriorate if the vehicle hasn't been used frequently? I was under the impression that it only deteriorates on use.
  13. R

@jimlloyd40, there isn't a problem. All the report mentions is that the recommendation is to replace the cambelt as it has passed VW's recommended 120,000 kilometers/6 years window.
  14. R

@jimlloyd40, if it isn't replaced, what potential issues can there be?