GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by roundle1979

1. R

2018 GTI SE 6MT AC Condenser Damaged by rock (22K miles)

I had my local garage put a gauge on my low-pressure valve. Pressure was where it was supposed to be. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the refrigerant itself. Concerned that VW is going to try to charge me $179 an hour to find nothing wrong....
  2. R

The AC blows like 20 degrees below outside air temp. So it cools but it's totally insufficient when it's 90+ degrees. What's annoying is that the AC in this car was REALLY good up until when the condenser was damaged/replaced.
  3. R

Bringing this thread back to life after a couple years. When the VW dealer replaced the condenser, they claim to have purged and refilled with the right volume of R1234YF. My insurance covered the $2200 job. Since I got my car back the AC has been pretty weak. Airflow is fine but the AC...
  4. R

'15 GTI 80k, stock, babied since new - engine locked up :(

Likely your last VW product. Pretty lame of VAG.
  5. R

Wee Puff of smoke on start up

Do you consume oil between oil changes?
  6. R

Maybe shoot an email over to the Humble Mechanic? Would love to watch an EA888 rebuild series.
  7. R

2018 GTI SE, shocks shot at 36K?

I bought a 2011 BMW 328i wagon (E91) new July 2010. Sold it in 2017 w/ 140K miles w/ original suspension/shocks which still felt like new. That said, I had the factory motorsports suspension package (ZSP) so I'm not sure if these were Sachs or another OEM. On MK7.5, Koni over Bilstein B6?
  8. R

Would these be covered under my 6YR/76K warranty or will VW consider these to be 'wear items'?
  9. R

I'm the original owner. Mostly basic, daily driving around Washington DC and/or Westchester, NY (awful roads in both locations). No auto-x or track. The car feels like it's crashing over bumps / potholes. Suspension feels really busy and unsettled. Some 'creaking' sounds over speed bumps...
  10. R

What's the average lifespan of a MK7.5's shocks / suspension? I get the feeling that my shocks are worn/wearing.
  11. R

Oh, that's sort of lame. OP's never going to buy VAG again.