GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RollCage

1. RollCage

What to buy? GTI or GLI? That is the question...

If you don't mind my asking, why are you selling? In your experience, did you notice much of a difference in handling between your GLI and your GTI?
  2. RollCage

I think you're right!! I know for sure, that even though they're equal on paper, and even after modifications, that I'd always wonder if the GTI could've been just a little bit better.
  3. RollCage

I certainly don't mind having a physical key, but I'll admit that keyless is pretty nice. I actually just like the push button to start (having had an S2000), more than the keyless entry... I just wish that VW had put the key cylinder on the dash with an illuminated ring around it like my old...
  4. RollCage

You hit the nail on the head, I think. The GTI just felt more "special." The GLI was very nice, and if it were the only thing available, I'd be completely happy with it, but since the GTI exists, well... I like it more :LOL: I have requests for quotes out on both of them at the moment, but I'm...
  5. RollCage

Thanks man! If I could find time away from work, I might take you up on that. I'll let you know! ;) (y) Yup, in my original post... Drove both, and that's what spawned all 8 pages of this :LOL:
  6. RollCage

LMAO. Don't forget about the differences in rigidity between the sedan and hatchback bodies ;) Curse of being an engineer and a researcher I suppose... "Analysis Paralysis" they call it :ROFLMAO: I've pretty much decided on the GTI at this point, unless I can get a significantly better deal on...
  7. RollCage

So I sent BFI the following question: "Hello!! Saw your MK7 GLI Project. Looks fantastic. I'm curious, what do you think of the handling differences between the MK7 GTI and GLI? Stock to stock, and modded to modded? I'm in the market for one or the other to set up as a DD that can pull double...
  8. RollCage

Nope. Just me, myself, and I for 90% of my driving. Occasionally a few passengers, but not on a regular basis. Only really when my coworkers and I go out to lunch, or around the holidays when family comes into town. Most amount of stuff I carry on a regular basis is when I make a Costco run...
  9. RollCage

Ah. I gotchya :ROFLMAO: I'll have to see if I can pencil that in this week or next weekend.
  10. RollCage

Nailed it. I won't deny that that thought has crossed my mind at least a dozen times... But for me personally, if the handling can't be made to match the GTI, it's not worth it.
  11. RollCage

In stock trim: GTI — better performance, better versatility. GLI — better features, better bargain. Pretty much exactly what most reviewers say :LOL:
  12. RollCage

Yup yup, and as per my original post, I have, and there's a stark difference between the two stock to stock with the GTI being the clear winner. But since I know I'm going to modify whichever I buy, it's more important to me to know if they can be made equal, or if the GLI will always feel less...
  13. RollCage

Yup. I just sent BFI an email to ask them about their project GLI and get their take on the handling differences when modded: BFI MK7 GLI Project
  14. RollCage

OMG. No joke man. I washed my friend's Type R once as a gift, and man... That rear end is an absolute nightmare to clean.
  15. RollCage

True true. And that's the point I was trying to make, by using a silly comparison. I agree with ya: there's a whole lot of other factors that have to be considered that are more critical to driving feel than a few inches of wheelbase ;)(y) Sidenote: my best friend has a 2018 Type R. That thing...