GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by riambink

1. R

Power folding mirrors

I know you mentioned copying over the long code on VCDS but any idea if I can do this on OBDeleven?
  2. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Purchased the wheel for $70 at AutoHaas parts in NJ, but that was way cheaper than the other GTI wheels they had on sale. The buttons were broken on mine so I essentially paid for the core + silver GTI frame and shift paddle modules.
  3. R

Air bag swap: Golf to GTI

I purchased the same part from the VWAG seller on Aliexpress and seems OEM. Removing the original cover is easy, but pressing the new cover on so that the clips engage was difficult. The plastic isn't as flexible/soft on the new cover as it is on the original and most of my clips were ~2mm...
  4. R

Air bag swap: Golf to GTI

Buttons don’t swap over and are specific to the type of wheel. There’s also several versions of the buttons each with different labels so I’m not too sure which one you would need if you’re retrofitting ACC. @ReadTheBook you and I did almost the same exact thing. I also got a wheel from a...
  5. R

Purchased a GTI wheel from the scrapyard weeks ago and finally got all my parts in to install on my 1.8! Swapping the front cover off the airbag was cost-effective but a massive pain to do. Now waiting for a R-line wheel badge...
  6. R

Need help sourcing some steering wheel parts...

Make sure the buttons match the ones found on your alltrack or you'll end up getting a bunch of faults
  7. R

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

After waiting a month, my kit finally came in. Not crazy about the button on the steering column...I’m wondering if it’s possible to retrofit a button on the driver’s side door that connects to the door module.
  8. R

Audi DSG Alcantara Knob in GTI

I wrote up a DIY awhile ago that used a similar knob https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/tiptronic-dsg-shift-knob-swap.349540/
  9. R

GTI Lamin-X Fog light protector film

Price: FREE Got fog light protectors with the GTI headlight kit that I have no use for since I own a 1.8. Shoot me a PM and I’ll send it to you via first class.
  10. R

Fully electric tailgate opening / closing with the key for golf 7

Intrigued but worried about the drilling part...do you also have to dremel a hole for the button located on the boot lid?
  11. R

2019 VW Jetta Shows Its Sporty Profile

I read that they're using torsion beam rear rather than independent :/ what a shame. Hopefully this changes for launch or mid-cycle like they did with the mk6.
  12. R

Tiptronic/DSG shift knob swap

Thanks to inc55 for figuring this out and giving me a couple pointers on my install. You’re a great guy. **Images are linked to save space. If you install an extension like Imagus, you can hover over those links to show the image. Warning before you begin: The shift knob I purchased comes with...
  13. R

I'm posting a DIY shortly. Took me about 2 hours total but I was taking my time
  14. R

Installed the audi shift knob. This thing really makes the stock knob feel cheap. The added heft makes each gear selection feel really crisp Added a guide in the DIY section if anyone's interested.