GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rgiskard

1. R

Strange turbo/egr/dv flutter sound

Recently I have noticed a kind of fluttering or flapping sound that happens every now and then (not often) when I am pulling away from a stand still. The car hesitates just ever slightly but keeps accelerating, then it goes away and drives fine for days/week before it occurs again. It kind of...
  2. R

Coolant leaking?

My GTI has an apparent slow coolant leak. Today will be the third time I bring it in to the delaer to address. The first time (1.5 yrs ago) they just topped it off. The second time (1 year ago) they found a slow leak and ended up replacing the thermostat and I believe the water pump...
  3. R

New hatch rattle

Recently my GTI has developed a new rattle in the hatch. It happens when I go over a bump, like a man cover, and sounds as if something is rattling against the glass. The wiper housing is not loose, so I'm perplexed. Adding to the frustration, I just picked it back up from the dealer this...
  4. R

2015 Blue GTI S, 4Dr, DSG, only 5k miles

I am considering selling my year old GTI, for no other reason then we are looking at ways to downsize our budget and expenditures as our family has expanded. I bought it a year ago, and as my commute is less then 5 miles each way, and we take the Ody when the family goes anywhere, I have only...