GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Quarkrad

1. Q

No Sensor View - Cruise Control

Thank you all. Looks like I am lucky boy - took grill off, found clip at bottom of well. Retrieved clip, managed to clip it back onto radar assembly (bottom) post and all looks well. Radar assembly now very firm and all is working well.
  2. Q

Yes - it is the square sensor that's mounted in the lower grill. I haven't taken things apart yet but it does seem one of those clips has broken. Could this be as simple as buying a new clip? If it is I might as well buy 3 new clips. I wonder if you can get them from somewhere other than...
  3. Q

I don't think so because when it is working it works 100% - as if nothing is wrong. It's just that after a period it suddenly stops working. Have you a golf with a front radar - does the bottom of the housing move in if you push it or is the whole housing/sensor rigid?
  4. Q

Recently ran over large object on motorway - there was a big thud under front of car. From that moment my radar/cruise control only runs for an intermittent time. It varies from 10mintues to perhaps 25 minutes but eventually it kicks itself off with the warning ACC and Front Assist: no sensor...
  5. Q

Fitting Fuel Door Actuator

My fuel door refuses to open and searching on the web have tried various things. I have managed to get it open and shaved off parts of the fitting as described on a number of sites due to it sticking. If believe my problem is also with the actuator itself - as sometimes I hear it operate when...
  6. Q

Refitting Interior Rear View Mirror

I was cleaning the interior windscreen when the rear view mirror fell off. I must have hit it, slightly, at the wrong angle, and it fell off. I have unplugged it - photo below. Any ideas on the method to replace it much appreciated.
  7. Q

About to Ring Dealer - Will not Change Up

So far my DSG mk7 has driven as expected - really well. Yesterday, for the second time, I have experienced something I think is wrong. I go somewhere shopping - when I get back in the car I drive very slowly around the car park to get out. In the car park it stays in first gear and when I'm...
  8. Q

Sorry - Silly Question CCS

My last car had cruise control and I've just read the manual re Cruise Control and the Speed Limiter. In practical terms (e.g. you hit a 40mph speed area) what is the difference between cruise control and speed limiter? I am impressed with the ACC but not sure what the speed limiter is...
  9. Q

Display Showing Phone Only

Picked up my mk7 three weeks ago and all sorts of info was available on the instrument display. Recently I paired up my mobile and as expected phone info was displayed on the instrument display. Great - I can see all sorts of phone info; but can I turn it off? I can't remember the original...