GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Phil1

1. P

Leakage- You won't believe it

Suddenly after a heavy rain... (watch the video, Youtube link below) First visit to the Dealer: They didn't find anything ! Second visit to another dealer: They said that they found leak (water infiltration). It is coming from under the spoiler at the top of the hatch, they put some silicone...
  2. P

Keys: Low batterry

Hi, I bought my GTI in April 2015. In September 2015, one of the two keys had its battery low. I had it changed. Two month later again: low battery, so I took the other key and yesterday I have the message: Replace key battery ! WTF ! How long did your Key battery last ? Phil
  3. P

New Mk7 GTI: Issues

Hi guys, My GTI is now 5 months old. I'm wondering if some of you had the similar issues: 1) When I lock the car, 30% of the time there is no sound. The alarm is on, the car is well closed but no honk, I can see the little red lamp. I try to re-open the door, I close it again, same result. I...
  4. P

ventilation noisy (MK7 GTI) - your feedbacks ?

Hi, For those who have a GTI built in Mexico, don't you find that the ventilation (fan) is noisy ? If I put it at the second lowest position (2 orange lights only), I can hear it very easily (even with the engine running). Thanks for your feedback
  5. P

Finally... I have it !!

After almost 4 months since the order was signed, it is finally here. (Autobahn CSG 6MT with Lighting package and leather). Now it's time to enjoy it (...and to avoid getting tickets if possible)
  6. P

Pick-up my car next week-question

Hi, Finally after 3,5 months... I'll get my GTI next Tuesday. For sure i will inspect it in detail to make sure there is no scratch, etc... but should I do a road test ? Did you do one when you picked up yours ? Would be good to make sure there is no rattle noise for example... Thanks for...
  7. P

The Bruce?

This is very disappointing, he was direct but I liked that
  8. P

GTI Perf pack: Are the upgrades worth it

Interesting video comparing the Perf pack with a regular GTI on a track. Lap time difference is only 1.6 secondes (1:17:20 vs 1:15:60). However, for the guy that plans to go on tracks on a regular basis, Perf pack is definitively a smart choice. For the average Joe living in North America with...
  9. P

6MT - Sport mode

The engine revs higher than normal in Sport mode on a DSG before it changes speed. What about sport mode for a manual car (6MT) ?? What does it do regarding the engine on a manual GTI ?
  10. P

Weathertech floor mats or Monster for GTi ??

:confused: WEATHERTECS: http://www.weathertech.com/volkswagen/2015/golf-gti-rabbit-r32/floorliner-digitalfit/bodystyle/5-door-hatchback/ MONSTER: http://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-ORIGINAL-Monster-Season-GENUINE/dp/B00L81X6OM Monster are half the price. What did you buy ? What do you think ...
  11. P

Pulled the trigger- New in the GTI Family !

I went to four different VW dealers yesterday and today to negotiate the best possible price. Was finally able to reduce price by $2800 from MSRP. For a car that is not available in my area and has to be ordered, I'm very happy with the price. Delivery expected end of March. GOLF GTI AUTOBAHN...
  12. P

Car Cilajet treatment

Hi, Did the dealer offer you a Cilajet treatment or equivalent as you bought your car to protect the paint ? Should I consider it ? I will buy mine next week http://www.cilajet.com/cilajetcare.html Thanks !!
  13. P

Leather on not leather ??

Hi Guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on a GTI Autobahn 5D 6M CSG, I'm not decided if I should take the leather seats or not. I read some threads about quality issues regarding leather seats. What do you think ? For those who have leather seats: Do you like it ? Any feedback / concern to share...
  14. P

Orders placed recently in the US/Canada -Waiting time ?

Hi For those who have recently placed an order for a GTI in the US and Canada, what is your expected waiting time before you get your new toy ? With our wonderful winters in Canada, I don't want mine before the 15th of March, trying to guess when to pull the trigger Thanks for your answers !
  15. P

Best CSG pictures seen on this forum

Here is my selection. Thanks a lot to : -AdamSheikh - MK6-2_MK7 - Tsacker - Kunia