GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mrober_uk

1. mrober_uk

GTD Aircon Concern

Morning all, I have had my GTD since October 13 and have had the air con gas refreshed twice and the condenser which is situated behind the lower grill replaced due to stone damage. I had to pay for this replacement as I was told it was not covered under warranty as the damage was due to wear...
  2. mrober_uk

Air Con Condenser damaged by stone

Fellow Golf enthusiasts, a note of caution..... My GTD recently lost the ability to cool the cabin temp and I took it to the local VW dealers for diagnosis. They noted that the refrigerant volume was lower than expected and topped it up. A couple of weeks later same thing happens and obviously...
  3. mrober_uk

Climate Control Cooling issue

Hello fellow members, with the recent milder weather I found the need to set my cabin temp below the ambient temp and found that while the blower increased in intensity the cabin didn't actually get any cooler. After a trip to the dealer to have the cooling system looked at I was advised that...
  4. mrober_uk

VW's Golf: one of the best things of our age

Another fan of the new MK7! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/volkswagen/9815598/VWs-Golf-one-of-the-best-things-of-our-age.html
  5. mrober_uk

300 miles and back to dealer.....

My lovely red GTD has been recovered by the RAC after developing a rattle from the engine under acceleration after a grand total of 300 miles and 3 days ownership! Sounded like a big end bearing to my untrained ear, so got it straight back to my local VW dealer to be checked out. Have to say VW...
  6. mrober_uk

GTD - What colour front calipers?

I just noticed that the front brake calipers on my GTD are not painted grey as I thought was on the spec, but appear to be bare metal. Is this true for all UK GTD models?