GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mr wrong

1. M

Need to purchase a new wastegate actuator... Questions...

Thanks for confirming. I figured that was the case when CTS, and Uni stated that they were not returnable nor had a warranty.
  2. M

Thank you. I ordered the second option as it referenced the IS38 part number.
  3. M

I found this one on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLCJQ3DJ/?coliid=I1MRV1V67H8KI7&colid=LVD2RC4727GH&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it I noticed that Unitronic and CTS sell one as well, and on both it clearly states that there's no warranty and they are not returnable which leads me...
  4. M

Wastegate Actuator Questions.

I'm running HPA's IS38 OEM+ turbo, and just got a P00AF/3B62 code accompanied by an EPC light which indicates that the wastegate actuator is faulty. When I shut the car off and restart, the EPC light is gone and the car runs normally for about an hour before it triggers again. I can purchase a...
  5. M

THE Helix Dongle Programming Rental Thread -- Part 2

I think it's great that you're doing this for us, but I gotta ask when is the last time you saw this thing? lol.. Must have been to all 50 states by now. Maybe even several times over!
  6. M

FS: GTI Steering Wheel Core

I have for sale a bare GTI steering wheel core. No switches or trim. Came off a DSG car but can probably be used on a manual too. Perfect for a wrap or a carbon fiber/custom wheel build while you keep your existing wheel. Asking 150.00/OBO shipped to lower 48. I really have no idea what these...
  7. M

Question regarding a couple codes and a smoke issue

Nothing distinct that I notice in the cabin. One thing I didn't mention is that it only happens at WOT under boost. Otherwise the car runs, idles, and sounds completely normal.
  8. M

More on the white/light grey side. I ordered a compression check gauge as I should probably have one anyway. If the compression checks out, I'll follow your advice and wait and see if it gets worse. Right now there's no unusual sounds but will keep an ear on it.
  9. M

The HPA turbo I'm running has an upgraded bearing and of course it's out of warranty. sigh..
  10. M

Codes - See sig for vehicle and mods. Yesterday I got an EPC light that turned off after cycling the ignition. I scanned the car using my Cobb AP and the following codes appeared: P0011 P00AF P2564 In regards to the P0011 code, the car runs and idles fine. so I don't think it's a timing...
  11. M

FS: OEM TSI 1.8T Downpipe

Not to muddy up your thread, but you should really keep it in the event you ever want to return to stock. I learned my lesson with my MK6 when I sold a bunch of my stock parts only to discover that I wished I kept them when I sold the car.
  12. M

WTB: DSG Fluid....

Great point. I just like helping out the community when I can. And at the rate I drive, I'm looking at 3 years between DSG services.
  13. M

WTB: DSG Fluid....

...enough to do the service. Please PM a price shipped to 37067
  14. M

White smoke under hard acceleration/boost.

As the topic states. No lights and car runs fine, just a lot of smoke under boost when accelerating hard. Under high RPM and no boost, no smoke. Any ideas where to start? See sig for vehicle details... Thanks!.
  15. M

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

I don't know much about MPI, but is their any benefit using it with exclusively pump gas? I was under the impression it was only beneficial if running Exx fuel. See vehicle info below..