GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MQB_7.5R

1. MQB_7.5R

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

I would recommend having the Black Golf R checked out before buying. Earlier this year, I purchased a 2018 Golf R (also black) with 113k miles to be my daily. I checked the compression and timing stretch, along with a thorough look at the suspension / any leaks. Wheel bearings are notorious for...
  2. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

They use salt here. The previous owner had a carwash membership so I think that saved the underside. Surprisingly, the Black R with 115k miles is just slightly worst than the White R with 37k miles. The White R came from Connecticut though and the Black has been in Ohio its entire life.
  3. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

May 4, 2024 - 115,012 miles (BLACK) Just passed 115k miles on my Black R!
  4. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

April 13, 2024 - 37,221 miles (WHITE) All of the hardware for my clutch install just arrived from ShopDAP. I feel bad for whoever fulfilled this order...but they did a great job and everything was accounted for! 2018 Mk7.5 Golf R Clutch Install Hardware (Literally every bolt touched to do...
  5. MQB_7.5R

I think the 2.0 is the newer version. I got the VE52 last summer.
  6. MQB_7.5R

I have the Active VE52 with the McKillans swivel version and I love it.
  7. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

My factory was an H6 and so is the Odyssey. Odyssey batteries are known to be larger. Went from a 56Ah (EFB) to a 70Ah (AGM). CCA are more than double with the new Odyssey as well.
  8. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

Mk7.5 R’s all come with the H6 from the factory. The Mk7 had the H5 battery.
  9. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

March 30, 2024 - 37,221 miles (WHITE) I was trying to hold off on a new battery for the White R until summer. I'm away at college and the cars stays at home on a CTEK trickle charger. I tried to start the car this weekend and it was completely dead. The OEM battery lasted 6 years. I thought...
  10. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

March 29, 2024 - 114,461 miles (BLACK) Removed the old window tint since it had bubbles. It took about 3 hours with a steamer, plastic razors, and La's Totally Awesome Degreaser ($1.25). The tint shop quoted $200 to remove the old tint, so I did it myself. Fresh 20% Ceramic Tint installed on...
  11. MQB_7.5R

You can get a borescope relatively cheap off Amazon (~$25). Especially if you don't plan to use it much, I'm sure this would be sufficient. Amazon Borescope
  12. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

Try to avoid directly spraying the battery and alternator. The 40° tip on the pressure washer is fairly light pressure so it was fine.
  13. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

The Black R may take the cake for having the dirtiest engine bay I have ever seen. I'm assuming the previous owner drove 113k miles on gravel roads and never cleaned the engine bay. Just used some Simple Green, a detail brush, and a 40-degree tip on a pressure washer. The Euro Intake Manifold...
  14. MQB_7.5R

SOLD: Euro Rear Headrests

Selling a set of OEM Euro rear headrests. These were installed in my Mk7.5 Golf R. They have been discontinued from VW, but multiple places have them for sale in the $350-$500 range. SOLD
  15. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

I love the quality of the Blendmount. Just not a fan of the $150 price tag.