GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mksleven

1. M

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Got it back up and running. Still runs smooth on idle. Time for a test drive, and I’ll take a look at the coolant and oil soon once it cools a bit. https://youtube.com/shorts/LjQ9VD9C4bg?si=XUBUAugJsKLk9R62 looking back, I think that oil that was on the lower oil pan was coming from a leaking...
  2. M

It sure seems like it when looking at the markings outside. Although I haven't opened the engines to look at all the bits inside.
  3. M

Shanhe Power on Aliexpress..just send them over your VIN and ask what engine works
  4. M

For those of you who may have to do an oil cooler/gasket replacement (and are not wanting to mess with the water pump or remove the IM), the best advice I can give you is to do it by removing the alternator and AC compressor like in the video below. HOWEVER to save yourself the headache of...
  5. M

I’ll be finding out today or tomorrow as soon as I can get the new stuff installed.. unlikely its a head gasket given the reasons above but I'll update as soon as I get it back up and running its gonna be a pita trying to connect the oil cooler-water pump plastic connector piece..any advice for...
  6. M

Got the Shanhe Power engine delivered and moved inside today. This one is planned to be torn down and built with all the go fast parts 😀
  7. M

I’ve ordered a replacement oil cooler w/ new gaskets and also the plastic water pump-oil cooler connector.. When I first started the engine, I disconnected fuel and spark, and cranked the engine over several times to get oil flowing. Besides that I didn’t do any pre filling ~
  8. M

Quick update: Yesterday the engine threw a warning for low coolant out of nowhere on my way to re fuel, so I stopped and checked out the reservoir and sure enough I noticed a few small milky brown globs. Topped her off, and started right up completely fine as usual, without any noticeable smoke...
  9. M

Driver’s side axle

Idk man I’ve read differently. But I don’t mind replacing them for peace of mind as they’re cheap ~
  10. M

Hard to see with the intake box in the way, but it looks to be there. Everything that was on the old engine was swapped over to the new one.. I can take a closer look with the intake box removed later ~
  11. M

I never bothered with the issue because I live in south Texas and in a county where emission checks are not required lol. But I’d have to double check on the SAI thing. Can you show me a picture of where you’re looking at on the head? I’m pretty sure my car has it, as I can hear the thing on...
  12. M

Driver’s side axle

So I’m not sure how exactly my axle went, however I lost two of the three plates/washers and their associated bolts when the axle lost connection to the transmission (I think the inner axle bolts backed out because I had re used them when I assembled everything together). There was some...
  13. M

Driver’s side axle

Anyone ever replaced the driver’s side axle without these ‘plates’ and not run into any issues down the line? My axle went and I replaced it with the AutoZone special which came with 6 new inner axle bolts and 1 new outer bolt..but didn’t come with those 3 plate things. I have some ordered...
  14. M

I’d start with sending them your VIN and they’ll check for you
  15. M

Highly doubt I’ll get anything in return but I wonder what they’ll say lol. I bought an engine from Zhongi Power which I am running in my car now. I bought another from Shanhe to build ~ That should work then man. Pull the trigger, get your car back up and running 💪