GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mk7gti2.0

1. M

Rear Differential Whine

Damn you're lucky! I couldn't find any shop that would install it because it's a used customer supplied part. But glad you will be getting it fixed soon!
  2. M

Rear Differential Whine

That's awesome your buddy hooked you up that's a hell of a deal! I just finished putting mine in last weekend and it was a pain in the ass to get it back in. I'm just waiting on the rear subframe locking collars I ordered so the rear subframe will be centered and then get an alignment. But took...
  3. M

Rear Differential Whine

I had the same issue in my 16 R, it started like you said but progressively got worse. I drained the differential fluid and found it glittered with metal shavings. I'm actually in the process today of taking the differential out and swapping it with a used one I found online with 31k miles on...
  4. M

Intercooler performance

Don't know why anyone would spend almost 1000 bux on a intercooler..but the 240 bux I spent on the majesty intercooler works amazing at WOT it drops to a cpl degrees above ambient sometimes it's even with ambient temp. Works just as good as the rest for a quarter of the price.
  5. M

Dsg bearing noise

2 weeks isn't too bad already getting close to a week. And the 2020 Tiguan I got for a rental has been nice for the family lol. Hoping once it's all done there won't be any issues. Does the refurbished transmission come with any sort of warranty?
  6. M

Dsg bearing noise

I too uninstalled the AP, but I think the main reason they didn't car that I was tuned was it was my extended warranty company that was footing the bill and they didn't tell them I had been tuned. They didn't even ask for service records or anything. The dealership just called them up told them...
  7. M

The reality of mods and warranties

I'm aware it's different that's why I said it's likely due to it being a different company other than vw, but the dealership still could have easily told the company that I was tuned since vw is doing the work but they didn't which I am grateful for. I don't think the tune had anything to do...
  8. M

Well up until now I have never had to use an extended warranty on any car I've owned. But it's definitely worth it. Since it's not vw that the extended warranty is through it's definitely a good idea to invest in if your tuning it. Just make sure you keep receipts or records of regular...
  9. M

Just had my dsg transmission approved for replacement on my 16 R engine and transmission were both tuned. But I think it was more so likely due to it being the extended warranty that made this possible. Since it's through a different company then vw, but as far as I know dealership didn't td1 me...
  10. M

Dsg bearing noise

So just an update, dropped car off at dealership today. They confirmed it was the bearings in transmission. I thought for sure it would get denied for warranty since I have tuned it before. But I think since it's under my extended warranty they approved it. Now just have to wait on a...
  11. M

Dsg bearing noise

Pretty much not many speciality shops around where I live. This couldn't have happened at a worse time too. So far this has been the only issue I have had with the car for the most part tho.
  12. M

Dsg bearing noise

Its definitely the dsg that's making the noise can hear it as soon as you shift it to 5th. It's quite loud, I know the dealership won't open it up and only option will be to replace the transmission. I just haven't been able to find anywhere to buy new or used transmissions. Anyone know of some...
  13. M

Dsg bearing noise

So for a few weeks I have been hearing a metal grinding/howling noise. At first I thought it was just a wheel bearing but after tracking it down it seems to be coming from the dsg. It only does it in 5th and 6th gear. It's loudest in 5th gear but still noticeable in 6th gear. It's a 2016 I was...
  14. M

Feels like engine is cutting out when going WOT

So a few days ago I was changing my plugs with another set of brisk ER12s and noticed the day after, anytime I go WOT it feels like the engine is cutting out. At first I thought it was clutch slip but the rpms don't move up or down when it cuts out it just like completely loses power for a...