GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mk7.5owner

1. M

Stain on dash of 2021 GTI

Yes! Had the dealership install a new dash under warranty. Took about two days. New dashboard looks great with zero rattles so I’m satisfied.
  2. M

Weird Spot Near Door Jams

What sealent would you recommend? I’m looking at Collinite and Wolfgang. Also do you think a paint correction is necessary before you apply a sealant?The car only has 5,000 miles and the paint is in good condition. Was just going to do a thorough exterior wash with a clay bar then apply the sealant.
  3. M

Okay I appreciate it. Ill give that a go and see how it works.
  4. M

I havent put any ceramic or sealent on it but i do use wax. Planning on buying some wolfgang sealent and doing a clay bar treatment soon. Just want to figure out how to remove those stains before i seal the paint.
  5. M

It has snowed once the winter and the roads have been salted maybe twice. Also made sure salt didnt sit on my vehicle at all
  6. M

Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? Its also on the passenger side but is more present on the driver side. Its like a weird haze or film over the paint. I tried wiping it off with some quick detailer with zero luck. Think I need to polish it out.
  7. M

Yeah luckily the dealer said they will replace the entire dash under warranty or re-dye it. I personally dont know how i feel about a bunch of techs ripping my dash apart. Sounds like a recipe for electrical issues and rattles. Still not sure what i want to do….
  8. M

Warranty Question

I posted in another thread about the dash stain my new mk7.5 had upon delivery. I was able to use this as leverage to get a much better deal. Ive attached a picture of this “stain” or “residue” on the dash. I recently took the car to my local VW dealership to have the dashboard assessed. They...
  9. M

Also do I need to take it to the dealership I purchased it from? Because it’s over two hours away and would be much easier to take it to a local dealership.
  10. M

I just honestly haven’t had time to but I’m planning too this weekend.
  11. M

This car is brand new and it had these streaks across the dash upon delivery. I was thinking it could be possible airbag sticker residue but I’m not sure. I’ve tried basic interior cleaner and a MF cloth. A white vinegar and water solution applied with a MF towel. I’m not really comfortable...