GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mickR

1. M

PEDALBOX - HELP PLEASE?

Guys I was recently looking at fitting pedalbox and saw a photo or vid of the control unit mounted inside the small glovebox/cubby at the side of the streering wheel. The control unit was mounted on top of an insert that completely filled the cubby and looked very neat. I've spent a few hours...
  2. M

QUESTION TO MODS

Cmon guys, my kids read this forum, please show respect.
  3. M

Aaaaarrrggghhhhh Map updates

Someone please help before I smash my laptop. Trying to download map updates, which I believe I have done, but don't get a 'save' option as mentioned on navigation.com instructions. The download is showing on my laptop, but can't get any further. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a computer whizz.
  4. M

Lift or Elevator

Keep taking the tablets Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

Site offline?

Yes same here
  6. M

Changing OEM HID bulbs

Has anyone changed OEM HID bulbs on their Golf? If so how did you go about it please? VW dealer will only change bulbs supplied by them and I want to fit non OEM bulbs.
  7. M

New lightning connector and video

Bought a new lightning connector from VW main dealer, latest ones have a white collar. When connecting my iPhone 5 to media system in my MK7, album artwork is not displayed, but is displayed if using green collar lead. Also can anyone tell me why videos that I have on iTunes are not played back...
  8. M

Quick Intro

Really like them, some of the best wheels I've seen for a Golf, what size are they and what size tyres are you running?
  9. M

Quick Intro

Welcome to the forum, cool car, what make are those wheels?
  10. M

The Official Pet Thread

Golf MK7 forum, not pets forum?
  11. M

Rear trim problem

My Golf is only a month old, recently washing it and saw that the plastic trim (spoiler) that runs down the side of the outside of the rear screen is coming loose, only held on with double sided tape. Have arranged for it to be replaced, but it appears that this is a very common fault on the MK7...
  12. M

Anyone seen this? Triple Caution.. [VIDEO]

First time I have seen it, very funny :)
  13. M

Annoying rattle

Got annoying rattle that sounds as though it is the plastic panel inside of tailgate. Does anyone know how to remove this panel, there are 2 torx screws in the recess to pull tailgate down and also 2 more under the pull down flap, it's these 2 I am concerned about. Do they secure anything behind...
  14. M

Footwell lights

Anyone know how to remove the footwell (underside of dash) lights and also what bulb they are? Want to swap mine to LEDS. Thanks in advance.
  15. M

Golf MK7 owners handbook

Golf MK7 owners handbook, very good condition, Edition 11-2013, states for Golf, Golf GTi & Golf GTD but also has technical spec for R model. Over 400 pages, I bought it to read-up on my new car, so that I had a good idea of the controls/functions for when I collected it. No longer required...