GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by matimer

1. M

Powertrain Warranty Help

Hi Everyone, it's been awhile since I posted, but I hope everyone is doing good. I'm about to approach 60,000 miles and I have a dilemma of whether or not I should purchase the powertrain warranty. I want the powertrain warranty because I've been having issues with my GTI burning oil fairly...
  2. M

New BBK ST-40 for sale

I sold a bunch of car parts a while back on facebook, and noticed I still had these available. I couldn't get much traction locally so I'm willing to ship. They're brand new Stoptech ST-40 BBK. SOLD It's the same kit as below, and includes everything as listed...
  3. M

CTS Intake W/ SAI Filter Wrapped in Heatshield

(SOLD) I'm selling my CTS Intake W/ SAI Filter wrapped in heatshield for $$$ shipped!! I recently sold a bunch of car parts due to buying a new house and investing in landscaping projects.
  4. M

FS: 355x32mm BBK for MK7 GTI

Hi, I'm selling my red 355x32mm StopTech BBK for the MK7 GTI for $1,700. Brand new in box. I was planning to autoX my GTI, but I changed my mind. These brakes go for about $2,800. I live in Austin,TX but I'm willing to meet halfway in Dallas/Houston/SA...
  5. M

For Trade: 355mm BBK for PP Front Brakes + cash

Hi, I have a brand new StopTech ST-41 355mm BBK that I would like to trade for the front PP GTI brakes + $1400. Looking for brakes that have not been tracked and not too many miles (<5,000 preferred). I was planning to track the GTI, but decided to save it as my daily driver for now. These...
  6. M

Feeler:OEM Folding Mirrors

Thinking of selling my power folding mirrors I purchased from bec auto parts. Still in box. Reason for selling is I don't park in tight spaces as much as I use too(downtown, gym, etc.). I'd rather spend that money on a shift knob, short shifter, or shift bushings. Images per request. SOLD
  7. M

Anyone else seen the 311RS?

I saw the specs of the car, and man it's a beast! They only made 11 units?! Great looking car. First time I don't see a CEO in some high end luxury car.
  8. M

Focus RS will be the new hot hatch?

Hey Rj, yes you're right but I meant the torque drop for the new mustang ecoboost occurs at 2.5k RPM. The dynos below are from reputable companies: Cobb and APR. The first is MK7 GTI, and the last one is from the new ford mustang ecoboost(suppose to go in the new ford focus rs). It seems like a...
  9. M

Focus RS will be the new hot hatch?

The only thing I don't like about ford's engine is the amount of torque loss after 3K RPMs. If you look at several stage 1 dynos of the Mustang ecoboost or focus st they all lose about 50 lb/ft per 1k RPMs. The Cobb website has a dyno database you can look at.
  10. M

Engine Rattle 'video'

Hey Everyone, I know there has been a lot of threads on rattles: seats, suspension, rear trunk, and more. However, I usually don't see a solution or dealerships tend to ignore it. Well today I was looking around the engine bay and stumbled across this rattle. Have a decent video. I tend to hear...