GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lokerola

1. L

GONE - ST swaybar, Superpro Links, BFI knob DC Metro area

Folks, for reasons too boring to get into here I sold my GTI a few months ago. I have some left over stuff from the GTI that I need to get out of my basement. It's free for pick up in Alexandria VA this week. 1. ST rear sway bar. Never installed, new in plastic (including the new mounts) 2...
  2. L

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I'm about to swap my 20/15's to 15/10's. I put on BFG Comp2 G-Force A/S tires (man that's a bitch type, lol,) and even though they're the stock size, they are wider than stock and poke out too much with the 20/15 spacers.
  3. L

OK, that's cool.
  4. L

Carmageddon: The makings of the next credit crisis could be in your driveway

Very, very true. I drove a BMW with start/stop and hated it - I couldn't wait to get out of that car. And my wife's CVT in her Nissan is deplorable. Toyota and Honda seem to be in a race to see who can build the ugliest sedans. I think they're both winning.
  5. L

Ah, that sucks! Well, as you said - it could been much, much worse. And hey, the paint you coated probably stills looks great! :)
  6. L

Do you let your wife drive your VW\Audi?

I don't like my wife to drive my car; not because she's a bad driver (she's a good driver and the manual is no problem for her,) it's the fact she's messy in cars. It's like some sort of weird thing where she's neat and tidy in the house, but her car is full of all sorts of crap, and is always...
  7. L

Congrats! Double trouble! I see a Tiguan in your future...
  8. L

Ugh - I feel you man. I have curb rash on 2 wheels now. :( Awful feeling when the wheel hits the curb.
  9. L

Rear washer quit working

Well, I assume the line is frozen somewhere, but my rear washer hasn't worked in about 5 days (ever since this cold snap). The fronts work fine, and I've triple checked that the rear nozzle isn't covered by ice or other crud, so we'll see if it magically starts working again at the end of the...
  10. L

Stock 5.0 - 11.8

Holy hell that's fast. Stock!
  11. L

I know, I know - don't remind me!
  12. L

Washed it, put Lexol leather conditioner on the seats, used Plastix on the speedometer to remove a scratch I stupidly put in it (mostly fixed now), then got an oil change at the place-that-shall-not-be-named (but rhymes with Rip-U-Lube). I'm taking a Turkey day trip tomorrow and just didn't a...