GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Leo ATX

1. L

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Are the front bumpers for park assist and non park assist equipped car the same for Mk7.5?
  2. L

Steering Wheel Crooked Even After Strut Replacement and Alignment

It was fixed! I took it to a reputable VW mechanic and they redid the alignment. The car is actually way out of spec, and the dealer alignment machine is either not calibrated properly or they played with the numbers to make them appear in spec.
  3. L

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

I went into 5F infotainment, adaptations and changed both IDE04300-ENG126148-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_SportHMI and IDE04300-ENG126149-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_SportHMI_over_threshold_high to activated. It did not enable performance monitor.
  4. L

Yeah, it pulls on every road I drive on. It's a bit better on some highways, but it's there.
  5. L

The dealer did another alignment, and they managed to correct the cross camber. However, there is still huge amounts of cross caster. It's weird how they shifted the subframe to adjust the camber but there is absolutely no change to the caster. The car would theoretically pull towards the left...
  6. L

not sure. I thought the steering wheel is mechanically connected to the tie rods?
  7. L

Hit a pothole really bad a month ago, and it completely messed up the front alignment, especially the camber. I just recently got the front strut replaced. However, the car is still pulling to the right to a pretty significant amount. I have to apply a lot of force on the wheel to keep it...
  8. L

Caster, Camber, and Front Subframe Adjustment

Nothing looks visibly bent. I should be getting a call back from them tomorrow, and I'll double check the alignment values to see if it's just a tie rod from one side. Would this type of issue be better at a dealer or an independent mechanic?
  9. L

Caster, Camber, and Front Subframe Adjustment

Is the caster and camber adjustable? I hit a pothole had enough to shift the front subframe a bit that messes up my camber and toe really badly. Local mechanic said the front subframe is not adjustable, and I would need to buy two camber bolts that would give the subframe a bit of wiggle room...
  10. L

2021 GTI Cornering Light Not Working

Thanks! They actually removed installation list in 4B for 2021 cars. I did find these modules unchecked in the CAN gateway. When I added them back in, they have a no response error. However, cornering light seems to be working now. Do you know how I can fix it?
  11. L

2021 GTI Cornering Light Not Working

I have a 2021 Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn US spec. My cornering lights weren't working so I checked 4B and I had a missing calibration code. I am able to calibrate it through basic setting, and the fault code cleared as expected. However, the cornering lights still aren't working and I have two new...
  12. L

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

Still no performance monitor. I can enable Think Blue Trainer but it would not show real time fuel economy information. I will post a picture of it later.
  13. L

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

2021+ cars like the Jetta and the Tiguan both have MIB3 with digital gauge clusters. So the newer digital cockpit would work with MIB3, but I guess the trim pieces won't fit on a golf.
  14. L

Question for Someone wIth a 2021 with MIB3 and VCDS

Do you still need this information? I'm about 2 months too late haha. I will check tomorrow.
  15. L

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Do you know if they have MIB3 in European Mk7.5 cars? Or are they all MIB2.5?