GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kyLman

1. kyLman

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Just crossed over to the 100k club yesterday.... :'(
  2. kyLman

Rear Spring swap went well - the hardest part was reseating the bottom rubber pad into the alignment hole, and lining up all the bolts for reassembly. Took probably an hour in total, taking my time, talking to neighbors as they walked by lol @aegis do it up!
  3. kyLman

I would recommend NOT running on broken springs. Too many things can happen. I UPS Next Day Aired a spring from RockAuto for 100$ TOTAL. Bought the hardware at local dealership, and will be making the swap tonight. It should go pretty simply... but I usually get burned when I say that. I...
  4. kyLman

I am having trouble finding the correct bolts on RockAuto. FCPEuro just doesnt even have them? Would I be looking for these?
  5. kyLman

Must I do this? Or will I be able to finaggle it enough?
  6. kyLman

Recall soon for rear springs on 56k VW’s

hate to revive old thread - but after 99k miles my passenger rear coil spring decided to give up. Called the dealerships, not on recall list. This sucks lol.
  7. kyLman

Broken rear spring on 2015 1.8.... 99k miles. Overnighted one from Rock Auto for 100$ total. Hoping its as simple as compressing the old one out and compressing the new one to go in... maybe disconnect the strut and rear roll bar for for control arm travel?
  8. kyLman

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I know its extremely cold all over (-5 deg here in Michigan)... but do we still expect our cars to reach and maintain operating temp? I've had (2) water pump assemblies installed in the last 3 weeks (1 was defective thermostat out of the box) Do I have another bad thermostat? The below pictured...
  9. kyLman

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

sigh.... Had an indy replace the waterpump assembly this wekk, with OEM, but I think it has a failed thermostat already. Car will reach 200 on the dummy gauge for half a second, and then start falling. If I idle with full heater on, itll drop to the first 1/3rd of the gauge. I feel like if it...
  10. kyLman

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

i'm thinking of coupling this water pump service with walnut blasting the intakes, but I only have the baby 1.8 stock. Has it been in other's experience, to still get the intake cleaning service? they quoted me 2k in total
  11. kyLman

iRacing

I bet we know a lot of the same people if you play at Lonewolf or Cru. Do you ever venture over to TCP Lansing? Let's race together!
  12. kyLman

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

Welp, the waterpump housing finally let go... and now im leaking like a sieve instead of the slow leak like it was for the last year and a half.. I called one independent shop... 1100$ 2015 VW Golf @ 94k miles, also passed the class action
  13. kyLman

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Whats the latest word on the latest covid20 coming out of china thats targeting children?
  14. kyLman

iRacing

I have a yearold G923 id let go for the cheap, just upgraded to direct drive. But, if youre still without a wheel base, I'd suggest direct drive for sure 9-12nM will be end game.
  15. kyLman

If you need a battery ...

Still... a 250$ battery for a 50$ shipping fee.... is a great deal. I do this for all my oil changes too... costs me about 25$ in shipping but now I get free LiquiMoly whenever I want.