GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kch

1. kch

Issue with fitting socket inside lug holes of winter wheels

I got some inexpensive Motegi MR138s for winter wheels on my 19 R. I purchased from tirerack, and they included some basic 17mm lug bolts. Unfortunately, the lug hole/recess in the wheels is too small to fit my impact socket. I got a "thin-wall" impact socket, but it was also too big. I had...
  2. kch

FS: JB4 AFR Harness - Avoid Posi-Tapping Your OEM Harness!

lol, pretty sure he was asking for the ebay listing
  3. kch

2020 HPDE Plans

In case you haven't heard, they're adding a pedestrian bridge (finally!) and a chicane on the front straight (about which I have mixed feelings)...
  4. kch

2020 HPDE Plans

Besides the audi/porsche clubs (which I haven't run with before), there's Turn2, Hooked On Driving (only a few PNW events), and a less-formal group called TSS/Revscene. Most of them are posted on MotorsportReg. TSS is an okay group but it's definitely a different crowd from most other HPDE...
  5. kch

2020 HPDE Plans

Never done anything with the Audi/Porsche groups before, as I was in a BRZ until recently. What are the chances they'll let me run solo with ACNA? Although now that I think about it, it's been a long while since I had an instructor, and it'll be my first time in the Golf. Maybe novice...
  6. kch

2020 HPDE Plans

Let me know if you make it up to RMP this year and I'll try to come as well. If you're willing, I'd like to get some pointers re setup and adjustments to my driving style. This year will be my first time tracking a non-RWD car. Edit: I'm trying reaaallllllly hard not to ruin my R like I did...
  7. kch

Track Day Tires '18 GTI

The Z3s and RS4s are similar in a lot of ways. On my BRZ track car, I felt the Z3s were more communicative (both sound and feeling) and had slightly higher peak grip, while the RS4s seemed to last just a liiiiittle bit longer. Overall, I prefer the feel of the Z3, even if they're a bit more...
  8. kch

Tuning

Apparently, some forum sponsors were mad that he was selling a non-negligible volume of goods without being an approved vendor. If you contact him directly (however you manage to do so), he'll probably still help you out.