GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JBJNR

1. J

.:R accel x engine mode?

Question for the data junkies out there. I have poked around for this info with no luck so far. Does anyone have 0-60 accel times by engine mode in DSG? How much are you giving up when you are in Comfort and Normal mode vs Racing? Feels like quite a lot given rpm diff's but anyone actually...
  2. J

.:R 4Motion all it's cracked up to be?

Check out this video comparing AWD systems. VW Tiguan with a Haldex 4 did not perform well. Does Mk7 R suffer same problem, or did Haldex 5 fix this? http://www.autoevolution.com/news/swedish-test-shows-some-suv-all-wheel-drive-systems-are-failures-video-94416.html#
  3. J

Golf R roof rack - go OEM or Thule?

Found some three year old Golf posts on the benefits of VW OEM racks - easier/quicker to get on and off vs Thule/Yakima. Is this still true for Mk7 Golfs? Any new R owners with experience in this department?
  4. J

2015 US Golf R - tow hitch possible?

Quick question for the MkVII R experts out there - I just bought a 2015 Golf R, one of the 500 pre-order versions of the car, so did not make any special orders/mods. Can I go ahead and get a tow hitch added to it? I want to add a bike carrier that does not involve putting the bike on top of...