GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jasper3

1. J

Need a replacement for PCV hose

Alright so I'm trying to do a home made catch can (already using it on one vehicle) and it's a bit more complicated on the Golf. The PCV outlet is some weird connector as some of you know and simply hooking a new hose to it is not an option. I want to keep the stock PCV breather assembly that...
  2. J

What is your occupation?

Airplane Mechanic
  3. J

Built my own catch can.

Hey all. So first of all I haven't done this yet for our Golf. I did this on my 1.6 N/A new Kia Rio5, but i want to get one built for the golf. All done with tubing installed for one it was about $30. It seems to work pretty good so far. Take a look and lemme know what you guys think. I need...
  4. J

** The Official Beer Thread **

Piney yes, citrusy I would disagree. In any case I HATE the flavor. I certainly respect it's place in beer though, and some varieties of hops are milder than others (I want to say Noble Hops???) and some have the sense to use it lightly haha. Was planning to go to the breweries today but woke up...
  5. J

Stout ok, but India Pale Ale is a no go. Too much hopps. It's almost peppery in its flavor. Hopps is very strong flavor.
  6. J

Glad I found this thread. As a rule of thumb I stay away from hops. Can't stand the taste it gives in beers like IPA. I like the regular pale ale's, ale's and beers like Sam Adams Octoberfest, Cold Snap, and Summer Ale. I want to try them all eventually. Not into the Beers that have fruit in...
  7. J

Dealer "ruined" oil sample.

Hey all. So we've been running Shell Rotella 5W-40 since 2000 miles on the engine and just went in for the 10K oil change. Ok not perfect 10K because we're at 9400. Anyway so i brought the sample bottle in for them but it turns out they use the suction method and I guess as long as we use that...
  8. J

5W30, 5W-40, or 0W-40?

Now i've been trying to read on here about oil specs and such for oil changes, but im a bit confused. On the 1.8T TSI which weight oil should I use? Which weight CAN I use? I want full synthetic so thats covered, but what weight? Thanks
  9. J

Anyone get a used oil analysis?

Hey all. With all this long life oil and huge OCI's, does anyone do used oil analysis? It's fairly affordable with Blackstone Labs for $25/sample. I used to do it for a while with my previous car just to see if everything inside was ok. (It was great although fuel % was higher than normal due to...
  10. J

Where is the PCV outlet?

If anyone knows where the PCV exits the block on a 1.8T please let me know. I have limited access to the car as it's hers, and i leave when its dark and come home when its dark so limited time to check. So if anyone knows where i should look and what the hose sizes are that'd be great :)
  11. J

VWG2015 - White 2015 Golf S 1.8T TSI

My fiance bought this wonderful car last week. So well built and quiet. Love lots of things, have concerns about a few but overall very happy. So far I have taken the "Golf" and "TSI" badge off for her, and took it to the shop for 35% all around. Not much more planned. Just have to make plans to...
  12. J

Catch can options

Hey all. Just wondering what if any catch cans everyone is running? I did see the really nice one advertised on here by a vendor, however I do not want to drop $350 on a fancy oil catcher. Anyone else have different options? Thanks for any replies.
  13. J

Anyone else change oil before 10K?

So the handbook says to change the oil the first time as all of you know. What are they thinking? You naturally get some metal particles from engine break in period, direct injection is know for fuel dilution of oil, and turbo engines arent easy on oil, so why leave it in for 10K miles? It just...
  14. J

Just bought into VW. Have questions!

Hey all. My fiance just traded her loaded 2013 Kia Optima for a new 2015 Golf S 1.8T and we have lots of questions. First of all I did not notice a section for the 1.8T S Model on here. Did I not see it? It's considered TSI and I havent even seen that mentioned here. We know it's a MK7 and...