GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jamie93

1. J

DPF regen - how often?

You will know about it if it is a brake caliper. I had a sticking rear caliper recently and this was accompanied by an MPG stuck around 30MPG, an acrid burning smell and a set of brake pads that lasted around a month! I stripped the caliper down and there was evidence of the piston being...
  2. J

Rear Caliper Rebuild with EPB

The pins have been replaced recently, as have the boots and the grease you mention use. The pins still move freely. If the pads are removed from the caliper and the caliper refitted it can be slid right and left without any issues whatsoever. Likewise, after I have pushed the caliper piston...
  3. J

Rear Caliper Rebuild with EPB

Hello. I have a 2013 GTD with 168K on the clock. I suspect one of my rear calipers is sticking on the piston. Fuel economy drops to about 35MPG when driving and the heat coming from the wheel after driving even a short distance is ridiculous. Does anyone know if these calipers can be rebuilt...
  4. J

AC Blower Motor or Resistor??

Hello, Now we are finally having some nice weather in the UK, the AC Fan in my Mk7 GTD has decided to fail! I am unsure if it is the blower motor itself or the resistor that is likely to have failed. The fan seems to fault intermittently. When the unit fails, the air flow out the vents drops...
  5. J

Beep on ignition switch on - no warning lights

Hi, When I turned the ignition on in my mk7 gtd earlier, there was a beep approx. 1 second long which came up as soon as the ignition was switched. No warning lights came up and nothing was shown on either the MFD display or the nav screen. The beep wasnt the same chime as if the temperature is...
  6. J

Caliper Issue - Slide pins or Piston?

Hi, I have a 2013 GTD with 157k on the clock. The brakes were last changed at the rear by VW approx. 8k ago. Recently I noticed on one side of the car a lot of heat coming from the drivers side rear wheel and a smell of burning after a drive. I have today managed to get the car in my garage...
  7. J

Locking Wheel Nut Key Damage

Hi, I have tried removing one of the wheels on my car but the locking wheel nut is stuck solid. The locking wheel nut key does not seem to sit in the locking wheel nut head properly and jumps whenever any force is applied. Having looked at the key it looks quite worn. I dont want to risk...
  8. J

Coolant Issues - Any Advice?

Evening, Went to the dealer complaining of heater being cold when heater set to max (climatronic) and was diagnosed as a blocked heater matrix caused by the silica bag in the expansion chamber splitting and blocking the system. Heater matrix and expansion tank changed all under warranty and I...
  9. J

Front Brake Imbalance MOT Advisory

Evening All, Merry Christmas! I have a 4 year old GTD with 74000 miles on the clock which has just come back from its second MOT with an advisory for the following: Brake Imbalance Requirements only Just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair...
  10. J

Weird ACC Problem

Hi All, Hopefully someone has seen something like this before but today my car started doing something very strange regarding the ACC system. When starting the car or turning the ignition on, i get a beep tone for about 2 seconds, with apply the brake coming up in the MFD. This is then...
  11. J

TDI Knocking Noise from Engine

Evening All, I have a 2.0 TDI engine which appears to have developed a knocking noise which is more noticeable from the drivers side (UK so non gearbox side) of the car. The noise sounds like an irregular knocking and for some reason seems to be more noticeable when the engine is not fully...
  12. J

Front Wing Foam Pads Wet!!

Afternoon All, Not sure if this is something to worry about but noticed today that the foam pads inside the front wings (visible when the front door is opened) are wet on both sides (see attached photos)!! Are these wet on anyone elses car and more to the point, should they be dry? Will...
  13. J

Shocks only or Shocks and springs replacement?

Evening all, Got a 2013 GTD with 56k on clocks which has both front shocks starting to weep ever so slightly. Having raised this with VW and found them to be not remotely interested as usual, I'm planning to replace them some time soon as they are going to need doing at some point now they are...
  14. J

GTD Hissing Noise on Idle

Evening All, Was topping the screenwash up this eve with engine running and noticed a sort of hissing noise coming from the top right side of the engine on idle. When revving the engine with the car stood, the hissing noise become a sort of whooshing noise? Does anyone have any ideas what...
  15. J

GTD ACC Sensor Replacement

Evening, Managed to run into a pheasant this evening and smash the ACC sensor surround to pieces. Amazingly, the ACC sensor itself is still in tact and still works, the lower honeycomb surround survived it as well to!! Does anyone know the part number for the ACC sensor surround on the GTD...