GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JackRabbitSLIM

1. JackRabbitSLIM

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

New question, do people with DSG cars have trouble keeping them in the desired gear while autocrossing? Are there transmissions tunes to fix any issues?
  2. JackRabbitSLIM

Has anyone weighed their OEM seats? Cloth, manual seats preferred. Pictures if possible. Edit - I just did it, passenger side 2017 GTI S, 51lbs.
  3. JackRabbitSLIM

Which tires for <60 degrees autocross?

The Pittsburgh region guys have tested this out and the 200tw tires were always faster even near 32F. PSS type tires are only faster in deep water. I agree with David's point though, you don't want to freeze your tires.
  4. JackRabbitSLIM

Auto-X with front sway bar detached?

To answer the question differently, you can do it but it won't be fast. I'd expect the car to have overwhelming understeer.
  5. JackRabbitSLIM

I'll edit above, I mean dynamic sprung corner weight. So, yeah, in the rear at corner exit I guess. But that's the inside rear... I thought your argument was about shocking the outside tires at corner entry, which wouldn't happen. I struggle to believe I can lift a front inside with 200tw tires...
  6. JackRabbitSLIM

This is a strange argument. The parts available these days don't make cars bottom out on bump travel. So I'm not sure why it's so important to maximize something I already have enough of. (I guess I agree with the main point that more is better...theoretically) Also, who cares if their tires...
  7. JackRabbitSLIM

[OH] - 034 and SuperPro rear swaybars

034 Motorsports 25mm rear swaybar ($150), ~900lbf/in +160% SuperPro 22mm rear swaybar ($100), ~600lbf/in / +85% EMD adjustable rear endlinks ($75, $50 if you buy a swaybar) all prices + shipping.
  8. JackRabbitSLIM

[OH] - $1000 - Neuspeed RSE11 18x9 +45 5x112 - Bronze - with Falken RT660s

Falken RT600 are in good condition. These are the tires I bought and used for Nationals last year. I haven't driven on them since. 2x265/35/18, 2x255/35/18
  9. JackRabbitSLIM

Track + AutoX alignment specs

Strong recommendation for a lot of front roll stiffness, as much front camber as possible and a good amount of rear toe out for autocross. I'd say my car was on the looser side. Last year my car was: Camber: -3.7 front, -2 rear. Front camber was maxed on the plates and the camber offset...
  10. JackRabbitSLIM

This is pretty surprising to me. I just installed 7" 350lbf/in spring in the rear of my car and have the coil collar at max height to get it to stay ~24.5" from the ground to the fender. If I did it again I'd get 8" springs for the rear. Our hardware must be very different somehow.
  11. JackRabbitSLIM

I'm trying to point out the difference between a knuckle and a hub and also the difference between replacing and changing. ^ this is what makes it illegal for CSS knuckles. The CSS car is not classed in STH/STU.
  12. JackRabbitSLIM

You can replace your hubs with OEM or OEM equivalent. I think people are mostly talking about adjustable knuckles changing the car's class.
  13. JackRabbitSLIM

See page 120 for the sounds of dreams and dignity being crushed. I'm not trying to claim any trophy spots though. After looking through videos from this year there are effects on pulling out of corners at the end of long high grip runs and they can be hard to identify. Especially if it's...