GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hubs

1. Hubs

Upgraded OEM HomeLink mirror installed

I think this will be a long answer . . . How do we like the R-line? The R-line seems to hit the sweet spot as a daily driver for my wife, Susan. I did the shopping, because if I left it to her, nothing would happen for a long time. Susan is not a car enthusiast, so I did not even consider a...
  2. Hubs

Upgraded OEM HomeLink mirror installed

I did this recently. No changes to software were necessary. Other than needing power, functions of the mirror (compass, homelink, and auto-dim) are all internal to the mirror as far as I can tell. My experience seems similar to the OP in that the biggest PITA of the job was getting the A-pillar...
  3. Hubs

FS: Set of 4 18" Austin Wheels (MD/DC/VA)

Prior to selling these wheels, I was thinking about wrapping them in a set of winter tires. Maybe I should have gone with that plan?
  4. Hubs

I had a set of Bridgestone RE-71Rs for autocross, and I was very happy with them. In the short time I autocrossed the GTI (I purchased the car in summer 2020), whenever I was at an event with other GTI's, I think I always had the fastest time of the GTI bunch. I'll credit the tires! For what...
  5. Hubs

Sold! I took less than $500, but got more than $300. Nice meeting you, Bob!
  6. Hubs

Bryan--Message sent via Facebook.
  7. Hubs

I'm not willing to go that low. If you want to see if we can meet somewhere in the middle, send me an email message at hubleymj. The part that comes after that is verizon.net. I'm in Dunkirk now, just a couple of minutes from Rt. 4.
  8. Hubs

Up for sale is a set of four 18x7.5 (49 mm offset) Austin wheels. All four are in very nice condition. Center caps are included. The image of the single wheel is representative of the four, and I can send more pics. $500 I live south of Annapolis, and I am willing to drive to meet someone in the...
  9. Hubs

Stud conversion kit

I get that you want black, and that you want things to look the way you want them to look. There is nothing wrong with that! However, with studs, the open ended nuts are not very visible.
  10. Hubs

Stud conversion kit

As the owner of both Porsche and VW, it is also my understanding that Porsche is R14 and VW is R13. They may work OK, but I do believe the size is different.
  11. Hubs

Stud conversion kit

I could not find black nuts. If anyone finds a source for black, open, R13 nuts, please post.
  12. Hubs

Stud conversion kit

I got mine from Rennline: Rennline wheel studs I got the 35 mm size, which is their shortest. I did not want studs that would stick out past the surface of the wheel, and these are perfect. Although these are marketed for Porsche, they fit the stock VW hubs. Rennline did NOT have the proper nuts...
  13. Hubs

Shift Knobs

I recently purchased a knob from SportShifters. I did not like the appearance or the feel of the stock knob, and after seeing a pic of the SportShifters knob here, I decided to get one. I like the shorter, more substantial-feeling knob. One thing I did not like after the installation with the...
  14. Hubs

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

I removed my bleeder valve earlier today. (I removed the spring a few weeks ago.) Simple enough job, thanks to the instructions provided here. After a 15-minute test drive, I believe I notice a difference. I think it is particularly apparent as I release the clutch pedal. For lack of a better...