GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by hooville

1. hooville

DIY: Weighted OEM Golf Ball Shift Knob

A fun evening DIY, kudos to Sub-to-Dub! Ditto OP: I've wanted a heavier shift knob for a while but I like the OEM knob too much to replace it with an aftermarket piece. I probably added 70g by drilling the knob and filling it with powder and putty. I set aside half the putty to seal the...
  2. hooville

FS: aFe 31-10254 Dry Air Filter Marietta, GA

Sunday bump: It's been sitting on a shelf for too long. Make an offer!
  3. hooville

FS: aFe 31-10254 Dry Air Filter Marietta, GA

Sold We had this in for a little less than a month, 6-700 miles probably. The sweet intake sounds it makes are sadly incompatible with the wife's hearing aids so it has to go! $45 picked up, I'll happily ship on your dime in the box it came in. You even get the little sticker to remind the...
  4. hooville

FS: New Monster Mats and Used CANVASBACK Cargo Cover

I received the CanvasBack yesterday, it's exactly what I needed. Thanks again!
  5. hooville

Recommendation for headlight protection

My experience with & without headlight film: I have a 2000 MK4 Golf TDI that had Laminex on the headlights when I bought it in 2014 from the original owner (he installed the film shortly after he purchased the car new), and the headlights were perfectly clear when I removed the film as it had...
  6. hooville

FS Atlanta: 2016 GTI Tail Light Set w/ LED Bulbs - $100

At the moment I prefer to sell everything together, but if anyone else is interested in individual housings I'll happily break up the band! samsammia has first refusal on the LEDs. If you are interested in a single housing post below, I'll sell individual housings for $10 each + shipping.
  7. hooville

FS Atlanta: 2016 GTI Tail Light Set w/ LED Bulbs - $100

$100 shipped CONUS, $50 local pickup. From a 2016 GTI SE, These are OE halogen housings with LED bulbs and will fit all 2015-17 Golf/GTI/R models. I got the set from a member a few months after I bought the GTI and modified the left inner housing for a fog light (so that housing is from my...
  8. hooville

FS: New Monster Mats and Used CANVASBACK Cargo Cover

I'm going to be using the GTI for work so I'm interested in the Canvasback cargo liner and side pieces! How much shipped to Atlanta, 30067? Thanks!
  9. hooville

FS OEM Performance Pack Rear Sway Bar

The MK7 TDIs all have a solid rear axle, so this RSB won't fit: The only RSB for a TDI that I know of is Neuspeed. This would be a nice OEM upgrade for a gas Golf or wagen though! GLWS
  10. hooville

Which of these clutch kits is best for me?

I installed the Sachs SRE clutch about 3 years & 17K ago, so it's as "broken in" as it's going to get. Take up is smooth, I reused my DMF so no chatter/lash noises. As El_bigote_AJ noted above the pedal is QUITE noticeably firmer than stock. WTF (or even more colorful!) is the initial comment...
  11. hooville

Forcing readiness with OBD11?

This has been my experience in GA as well: I have to flash back to stock to pass emissions as only 1 not ready code is acceptable.
  12. hooville

His and Her's wagon's

Nice job on both wagens!
  13. hooville

FS: L & R Rear Black Leather Low Profile/Euro Headrests w/ White Stitching - $200

I don’t have the part numbers, but they are out of an 06 or 09 A3 hatchback. I picked them up a couple of years ago for our MK4 TDI but we decided to keep the cloth interior since a nice leather interior is impossible to find anymore! Because Audi they are most likely leather vs pleather.
  14. hooville

FS: L & R Rear Black Leather Low Profile/Euro Headrests w/ White Stitching - $200

Mother's Day Sale! One outer headrest is in perfect condition, the other has a scratch that is only visible if the light catches it just right. You can see it in one of the pictures. No one else will ever notice it, but you will know it's there.... ;) I tried them for a couple of weeks but my...