GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hobby55

1. H

New Car on it's way!

Just ordered our new Motability car yesterday! Golf Estate 2.0TDi DSG SE (Nav) in Titanium Silver. Some of you will know that I was looking elsewhere for the new car but after reviewing several makes I found that ACC was only easily and cheaply available on VAG cars so that narrowed it down...
  2. H

Message flashing up but goes too quickly to read!

I've had a message of some sort flash up when I've been driving along but it goes too quickly for me to read so I haven't a clue what it's about! Is there any way I can pull it up later when I've stopped or do i have to get VW dealer to check it out?
  3. H

Mk7 Facelift Forum Section?

I may have missed this, so apologise in advance if I have, but will there be a separate section of the forum for the "Mk7.5" when the facelift model is released? It's just that it seems there will be enough differences to make it worthwhile not mixing the "General Topics" discussions for the...
  4. H

The Bruce?

Not speaking English as a first language is no reason to be rude (or as some may call it, "direct")... I have nothing to do with him going either but a couple of his replies to me on threads where I was trying to find help were less than helpful and in one case downright rude, I had to severely...
  5. H

RHD car driving in Europe - headlight adjustment?

I know my Mk6 had no adjustment but my previous Skoda Roomster had a lever that centred the headlight beam so you could drive it in Europe when you were on the "wrong" side of the road... I couldn't see anything in the manual but the Roomster's lever wasn't in it's manual either! Anyone know if...
  6. H

ACC Radar Mount in Front Bumper

Hi Folks I hope someone can help me, I ran into a fox a couple of nights ago and despite heavy breaking it hit the offside part of the grill on the front bumper and managed to dislodge the radar unit from it's housing in the middle. Does anyone have access to a workshop manual which has a...
  7. H

Newbie!

Collected our new Golf yesterday. It's an Estate, 1.6TDi DSG in SE spec with absolutely no extras! Only driven it 50 miles so far so a bit early to comment, though it seems far nicer than the old Mk6 estate we had before. No pics yet as its raining!!