GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by HelloNewman

1. H

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
  2. H

In process: Alibaba GTI build

You can buy anything short of a mail order bride or a kilo of ❄️ on aliexpress.
  3. H

Junkyard/Parts In Italy?

Hey all, I'm buying some properties in Italy so I'm going to be out here for the next 2 months. I was hoping to pick up some euro spec parts for cheap. I keep seeing mk6, mk7, mk8, everywhere. Does anyone know of any good places to buy in person in Italy? Specifically dynamic tails are one item...
  4. H

'15 GTI 80k, stock, babied since new - engine locked up :(

Quick update: 120k miles now, car has been operating great since the valve springs were changed out. No oil burn issues, etc. Still on the stock clutch as well. :LOL: I would strongly recommend considering replacing the valve springs as a preventative measure if you have an early build mk7.
  5. H

Loose Cylinder Head Valve Springs?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/15-gti-80k-stock-babied-since-new-engine-locked-up.412200/ Found this thread, this guy had nearly identical symptoms his entire engine failed though.
  6. H

'15 GTI 80k, stock, babied since new - engine locked up :(

WOW, this is almost exactly what happened to my car. Car is @ 108k miles right now. Original owner, bought it brand new in Dec 2014. (one of the first mk7s on the west coast) Car had rough idle, then would just either not start or die after starting. Turned out to be a broken valve spring. Car...
  7. H

I don't disagree but I also have literally zero experience with mechanical failures whatsoever. What symptoms of a valve failure would be present? It had a really rough idle, but other than that there was never any issues with the car. Not even so much as a CEL ever.
  8. H

fawk. what do you think happened?
  9. H

Total cost for valves, timing, and gasket was $2500.
  10. H

They were trying to ask if I had ever over revved the engine. I know for a fact I've never done that + I'm fairly certain an overrev would cause way more catastrophic damage aside from a broken valve spring?
  11. H

Just got the car back today. One of the valve springs was literally broken in half. Replaced all of them as well as the head gasket and timing tensioner. Not sure if VW will cover any of the costs as the car has 110k now. First issue I've ever had with the car.
  12. H

This I know. According to them one of the valve springs was loose when they inspected it. I google'd it and apparently 2015 model year Mk7's did have an issue with spring failure but it seemed to ususally occur before 75k miles. There wasnt a lot of information out there. My car is one of the...
  13. H

I took the mk7 in for carbon cleaning (110k miles) and the repair shop informed me that one of the valve springs was loose and needed to be replaced. This seems really random and weird? The shop is saying that after the fix the car may burn a significant amount of oil here on out.
  14. H

Wheel Repair

Thanks, that seems to be the general consensus. A coworker was like "the only place you're going to be able to get that done is a neighborhood where you might not return from... " :ROFLMAO: