GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hayden

1. Hayden

Spring & Shock/Damper Installation Reference Guide

My APR coilovers (supposedly made by Eibach) didn’t come with dust covers for the front struts. I already installed the bearing and mount, impacted the nut on. Should I remove the dust cover from the oem struts and transfer it over? Or just leave it without? I live in Vancouver so lots of...
  2. Hayden

Sorry, what do you mean? I wasn't able to find a set screw. I actually just got an email back from APR, i asked them if its normal that the rears dont seam to lock in place and they said yes that is normal...
  3. Hayden

Apr doesn't tell you anything, but the bumpstops are included in the new coilovers. Again I contacted APR for installation or assembly instructions and they don't have any. I read some people say they cut their bumpstops regardless if the coilover/spring manufacturer recommended it, some said it...
  4. Hayden

Going to be banging out my first coilover install this weekend using the 2x4 method. Should I cut the bumpstops? I ordered APR's coilovers and there is no installation instructions, I contacted them and they don't have any to offer. Is it normal for the rear collars to not be locking? The front...
  5. Hayden

APR Roll-Control Coilover Systems!

They're still in-stock at FCP euro if you're interested. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-coilover-kit-apr-sus00011 I got a set of these, planning to install this weekend.
  6. Hayden

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Looks great!! Mine has 2 cracks on it, planning to epoxy and wrap instead of paint eventually. So lazy lol
  7. Hayden

Show us your MK7

Appreciate it man!! Goal has always been clean and slightly oem+.
  8. Hayden

Show us your MK7

Installed some new wheels and tires yesterday, pretty happy with the results. Coilovers will be going in next weekend so that I can lower the front a tad. Also thinking maybe a 5mm spacer in the rear to tighten it up
  9. Hayden

Replacement hardware for coilover install?

Will be installing coilovers for the first time next week, went with the APR coilovers. Wondering if somebody could help me with the hardware I should replace while doing the install. I found this thread -...
  10. Hayden

APR Coilovers - anybody running them?

Good to know, I don't plan to get camber plates and I don't track or anything like that. Just typical daily driver. Hoping it'll be more comfortable and less bouncy than my h&r springs on stock struts.
  11. Hayden

The ST X coils are $920, so about $200 more. From what I have gathered, APR should be a better ride quality and also stainless steel which ST's aren't. I think its a no brainer to go with these. But I am not sure. Good point on the warranty. I wouldn't be upset with having to replace them with...
  12. Hayden

Looking to upgrade from my H&R springs and stock struts to some coilovers. First I decided on KW V1’s then I learned about ST X. Basically decided on ST X but was hoping to wait for a sale. They’re about $920 right now. Stumbled upon APR’s clearance sale on their coilovers - $735 free...
  13. Hayden

18x8.5 ET45 + H&R springs - tire advice

The rubbing was the sidewall being bigger and rubbing the fenders AFAIK, not the width.
  14. Hayden

18x8.5 ET45 + H&R springs - tire advice

I did decide to go with a 255/35/18, I talked to a few guys on Facebook running this exact set up and none of them mention any rubbing. I did talk to a few people that said 235/40/18 caused rubbing sometimes