GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Gray_Panther

1. Gray_Panther

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dropped GTI off to get rust repaired. I requested to keep the front fenders and hatch that they are replacing with new parts. I am going to keep them for when I am out of the warranty period. They really only have a speck of rust, a quick sanding and some paint will do the job.
  2. Gray_Panther

Sold the benz ML today. Gonna miss it a lot but it means I am keeping the GTI.
  3. Gray_Panther

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Looks great so far! With swisstracks, can you use a floorjack on them to lift a car?
  4. Gray_Panther

Got approved for 3 corners and hatch to be repaired/replaced under corrosion warranty. Put up my Mercedes suv for sale and decided to keep the GTI!
  5. Gray_Panther

2019 GSW 4motion manual white silver metallic

Congrats and looks clean and new! May I suggest Bilstein B6 paired H&R oe sport springs? My friend drove my car for a weekend and he has a stock MK7 GTI and he said it didn’t even feel 10% stiffer. I am 10k miles and no issues with the set up so far. It is not too low and it is high enough for...
  6. Gray_Panther

Traded in my GTI because it needed a turbo replacement

Congrats on the truck it looks sick! I am not familiar with trucks but which model is that and is it manual?
  7. Gray_Panther

Show us your MK7

This reminds me also of the MKIV days on the ‘Tex. Needs moar low!!!
  8. Gray_Panther

Washed the salt off so now it’s back to being Pure White.
  9. Gray_Panther

Anyone trade their mk7 for something more comfortable?

My winter setup is 16”s with thicc tires. Like 205/55 thicc and the ride is very comfortable on my bilstein B6’s which are stiffer than stock. But my summer stock wheels makes the ride less comfortable but for me in a fun way. Unfortunately I am, out of necessity, selling the MK7 for an Atlas...
  10. Gray_Panther

Went for a nice drive for some groceries. The recommended hot hatch for grabbin' groceries!
  11. Gray_Panther

Did a winter wash in the garage and waxed the bottom half and the hatch.
  12. Gray_Panther

Looks amazing for your first time! Looks like a pro did the paint! What polisher did you use? Edit: I saw your post that you did it by hand. Your body must hate this decision by now ha!
  13. Gray_Panther

MK7 Confessions

Unfortunately I won’t have the pleasure of regretting 🥲 I’m stalking my prey in a herd of gazelles. The next car won’t be as fun 😭
  14. Gray_Panther

MK7 Confessions

For a damaged door and quarter panel?!! Insurance is such a scam
  15. Gray_Panther

MK7 Confessions

Confession: I am planning to sell my ‘16 S 2-door GTI 6MT in the spring. I am sad.