GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Govi

1. Govi

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

With Trump's plan to decrease federal revenue and increase federal spending, how is accelerating the rate at which our national debt grows making America great again? How will Trump bring jobs back to the steel industry and the coal industry? Market forces unrelated to the government, trade...
  2. Govi

Not so. Trump encouraged racist behavior from Day One of his campaign by calling Mexican immigrants rapists, drug dealers, etc. He never backed down from that one. He expanded and elaborated on it. His whole Birther campaign was racist, too: no one but his alt_right fans bought that one, but he...
  3. Govi

Cartoonists Around The World Are Reacting To Donald Trump's Victory And Letting Us Know How They Feel A bunch of pictures are worth many thousands of words, then.
  4. Govi

Shit with Russia is getting real

The Invisible Hand will provide? :lol:
  5. Govi

:rolleyes: Oh, just wave a hand and diversify? To do a minimal diversification would mean at least one other industry nearly as large as the oil industry. The town grew in four years by 34,000 for oil, so to diversify properly, it should have grown to 74,000 in that same four years? :lol:
  6. Govi

"Diversifying" is easy to say to yourself, but try telling it to the mayor of a Texas boom town that was pop. 6,000 in 2010 and is now pop. 40,000. That kind of growth involves so many problems to solve that diversification is probably impossible until growth slows down.
  7. Govi

Think "The Saudis are the lapdogs of the Americans in the end so whatever America wants, Saudis oblige" out. A low price for oil puts much or all of new oil production plans in America on hold; new fracking drilling will not occur. This ends all hope of American oil production meeting all of...
  8. Govi

OPEC decided not to restrain their production. This does two main things: it hits their profits short term and it makes the American fracking drilling much less profitable, reducing supply from America in the longer term. It's not anyone's plot to damage Russia. It's OPEC's plot to reduce...
  9. Govi

What it means to go "Tailgating"

It came from two things: the decision by the NFL to stop selling beer or hard liquor (I forget the details...I've never attended a football game) in stadiums, hence the need to get drunk before the event, safely, in the stadium's parking lot. Getting drunk before the event was accomplished by...
  10. Govi

DWB - Driving while being Black?

Please let us know when you are doing this.
  11. Govi

Party = person, sometimes. "Party of the first part (hereinafter "Buyer") agrees to pay party of the second part (hereinafter "Seller")..."
  12. Govi

He profiled your car, in effect, due to the political messages you'd put on it. I've never been stopped nor ever heard of anyone being stopped for owning a new car with paper plates, but then all I've known have waited a few years to put messages on their new cars. It sounds like he treated...
  13. Govi

Driver etiquette

After endless hours of raging over people who pass those of us who have merged earlier, I realized that it was I who was foolish, who was impolite, and who raged needlessly. Like markets that always try to achieve a price balance between supply and demand, like Bernoulli's equation, traffic...