GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GolfRBlue

1. G

2015 Golf R Sport Mode RPM Question?

Hi everybody, I have a concern regarding high RPMs when engaging the "sport automatic mode" of my 2015 R. It seems that when I engage the "Sport Automatic Mode" and peg the throttle that it doesn't automatically shift until deep into "the red zone" for some gears! This high RPM response...
  2. G

2015 Golf Sportwagen US Opinions?

Hi there, I am interested in hearing opinions from US owners regarding the 2015 Golf Sportwagen. I have done a search on this forum and there is very little discussion regarding this car as far as I can tell. I have seen some reviews that gave the 2015 Sportwagen praises, but nothing...
  3. G

My First Mk7 Golf R Launch Today!

I have about 1700 miles on my new Mk7 Golf R and thought it was time! Set the transmission to "sport" (i.e. via Race Mode), disengaged the traction control, put my left foot firmly on the brake, pushed the gas pedal all the way down, engine was holding 4000 rpm, released the brake pedal and...
  4. G

Golf R Permanent Plates Received

My permanent plates arrived yesterday, and I had the dealer install the rear plate, but I'll be damned if I am going to ruin the look in the front with a US front license plate! Yes, it is against the law in Texas, but I wasn't about to ruin the look at least not yet! ;) I especially like...
  5. G

2015 Golf R New Discoveries for USA version

Hi everybody, While perusing this great forum, I found a thread that discussed "new discoveries" from Golf owners which I thought was great! However, I found that it was impossible to know which features were available specifically for my new 2015 Golf R USA version which is the primary focus...
  6. G

Mk7 Golf R DSG Question?

Hi everybody! I am thoroughly enjoying my new Mk7 Golf R, but have a question for you? Recently, I have been shifting the lever to "Tiptronic Mode" and have been enjoying shifting through the gears when I choose to using the paddle shifters. So far, I have always done this in "Drive Mode"...
  7. G

New Golf R Member

Hi everybody, I just wanted to say Hi and that I am a proud new owner of a 2015 MKVII Golf R! After 3 weeks of ownership......all that I can really say is WOW....what a great car!! :D This appears to be a very informative forum and I am glad that I am now an active member.