GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GolfMatchMK7

1. GolfMatchMK7

MK7 DSG Mechatronic Failure

Mileage was at 63K. I service the engine every 6 months. Last DSG service was almost two years at 40,000 before my ownership.
  2. GolfMatchMK7

MK7 DSG Mechatronic Failure

Hi all, Hope you’re all well - its been a while since I’ve posted here which is a good thing right? Anyway, what was the longest stretch without any problems on my Golf since ownership came to an end about two weeks ago. I had drove my car in the morning, parked it outside the station and came...
  3. GolfMatchMK7

WARRANTY CLAIM: Advice

Hi All, Had the tints removed. Took the car to the dealer (new one, had enough of local one). Technician and service advisor both came out to car park to have a look and make sure there was no tampering/window mods e.g. tints - something I found strange as they do these checks once car is in...
  4. GolfMatchMK7

Because surely it doesn’t work like that. If they’ve already proved tampering/modifcation, you can’t just say oh I’ll remove them and we’ll try again lol. At that point, technically the warranty conditions have already been breached. And I prefer using the word ‘tints’ thank you very much fella!
  5. GolfMatchMK7

Multiple Error Messages on MK7 Golf

Hi everyone. Just to confirm - the car did go to the dealers for a software update and thankfully has fixed all the issues. Have been driving for almost a week now and no error messages. So just incase you ever get these error messages, try look into a software update before replacing ABS sensors.
  6. GolfMatchMK7

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I’ve decided that I’ll be getting the tints removed as the risk of not doing so could potentially cost me hundreds in parts and labour as a result of a rejected warranty claim. Paying £40 to get my tints removed to have a warranty claim accepted is a no...
  7. GolfMatchMK7

Hi mate, appreciate your response and it makes a lot of sense. I've taken the car in for a lot of warranty issues and I'm a reasonable person, when the facts are clear and I know its not a warranty claim I will happily pay knowing that if their is any fault in their repair/replacement, from...
  8. GolfMatchMK7

Oh right, I highly doubt they would've caused this. Tints were applied when I first bought the car over a year ago, window switch issue only started a couple months ago. But appreciate your responses mate, thanks.
  9. GolfMatchMK7

Same way you don't have to go anywhere near the window regulator to tint the window but the dealers still tried saying that this was the cause of a my window regulator being loose a few months ago. How do you fight with these people? Lol.
  10. GolfMatchMK7

Very true. I've come across many threads regarding the same issue and I'm sure the dealers see a lot of it as well. But as you can understand, with warranty they'll look for any reason to not pay for it which is why I'm wondering whether I should get them removed or not.
  11. GolfMatchMK7

They didn't remove the door card, they just wedged the top of it so that they can apply the tint to a point which is covered, if you get me. Go back to them as in, get the tint removed?
  12. GolfMatchMK7

Hi Mud, appreciate your response pal. To be honest my local is a very crappy dealer, however I've booked it in with a different one for this issue as I've had enough of my local one. But from what the Warranty Administrator showed me last time on their warranty log system, when reporting a claim...
  13. GolfMatchMK7

Hi All, so a couple months ago I realised that my front passenger door is having issues with the window switch where it is only intermittently working. It has to be pressed a couple times before the window operates and sometimes even more. To me it sounds like a motor or faulty switch issue...
  14. GolfMatchMK7

Hi All. So the error messages returned once again this morning and disappeared after driving for a while. This repeats every time the car is turned back on after a few hours. VW Roadside came out today and to my relief the tech was someone I knew, which was a relief as I didn’t have to worry...
  15. GolfMatchMK7

Since posting initial message on here, I’ve taken it for a 20/30min drive on 50 and 70 roads. All faults disappeared and car working as usual. Have turned the car on and off multiple times since then and no errors. Still will have VW roadside come out tomorrow to do some checks.