GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Francoleon91

1. Francoleon91

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ohh you got one of those jack, I want one. Best of luck. job really isn't that hard, you got it.
  2. Francoleon91

literally just has it straight up and down on the jack. I made sure the car was jacked up on all corners evenly. If you only jack up the front of the car, this method wont work, doing it on an angle will be even more dangerous lol. Also maybe you can get some sort of rubber boot for the bottom...
  3. Francoleon91

I tackled this job last week and If I may suggest something. Use this instead of a piece of wood. This was also my first time doing a suspension job on my car and im glad I didnt use a piece of wood. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7985S26?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
  4. Francoleon91

you doing the 2x4 method?
  5. Francoleon91

Show us your MK7

Dude, nice fucking job. Clean as the dickens.
  6. Francoleon91

18' Black R Build Thread - Really late to MK7 party but happy to be here 🥲

Things are coming along... nothing crazy but happy how the car is looking now... Lowered it on EMD springs over the weekend. Originally used the plastic pads the kit came with but then today I took them out. You dont need em, looks better without it. Front struts were kind a PITA but the metal...
  7. Francoleon91

when I lived in NY, I had my mk6 front windows tinted like %60 and got pulled over 3 times.. I wouldn't have dared the thought of tinting my windshield now I live in florida and my windshield is %35 lol. Love it.
  8. Francoleon91

Thanks dude, no, 15% is fine. I wouldn't go past 10% but thats just me. you should do it, its really not that dark.
  9. Francoleon91

Lowered it on EMD springs. Used the 'metal' 2x4 method. Not a bad install, one front strut was a real pain in the ass to get back in seated correctly. Looks so much better. Also got it tinted. 35% windshield and 15% all around.
  10. Francoleon91

Tackled the Haldex service, I dont think it's ever been done and this car has 58k miles. Doubt the last owner ever did it but im glad I did it, the screen was pretty clean but if you look at the picture below you can see metal flakes in the old fluid. Normal? Super easy job to do, DSG is next...
  11. Francoleon91

Did a bunch of maintenance stuff that really needed to be done. The old owner left the car 100% stock which was great and big selling point for me but also, he didn't maintain it very well more often. Car wasn't neglected by any means but it was nasty. I assume it lived outside for the most part...
  12. Francoleon91

Finally I got a Golf R guys... Been in the VW game since I started driving and I've always wanted an R since my early MK6 days. Last year I sold my big turbo MK6 and got into a b9 SQ5. Amazing car, WAY too fucking nice for me and deep down I knew I belonged in a Golf still. My wife ended up...
  13. Francoleon91

FS: Cobb Accessport V3 VLK-003-DSG *Unlocked*

Hello, are you negotiable on the price?
  14. Francoleon91

FS: Verus Hood Louvers

bump
  15. Francoleon91

FS: Verus Hood Louvers

Brand new, opened package. Includes rain trays. $240 shipped.