GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by flugame12's

1. F

Coolant flange - part no 5Q0122291 BF replacement issues

hi, my 2015MY 7R blew through its second water/coolant pump recently but after replacing that the shop noticed a leak from a coolant pump flange Golf MK7/Rcoolant flange - part no 5Q0122291BF (pic below). i can’t seem to find any listings for it, new or used. did VW update the part number and...
  2. F

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

First, have to thank you golfdave, literally all the information I needed to decide between the CTS Street Shield and the OEM+ option for my 2015 Golf 7R. Question (to anyone with any leads), anyone know UK stores where the skid plate and the other listed accessories can be bought? No eBay...
  3. F

FS: Helix Soundbox Subwoofer Demo Switch DKS051419

Hi, is this used to configure the helix subwoofer as well? What does "The Demo switch will allow you to demonstrate the Volkswagen Soundbox & DSP unit by allowing users to turn the system on or off on demand." actually mean? :)
  4. F

MIB 2 firmware China to EU

Hey @Ridacx, did you ever find a solution to this?
  5. F

Tuned Golf 7R (Hot Climate Market Variant)

This is actually a way for me to also document what i find so i can come back to it every now and then. So please feel free to poke holes at whatever I find :) After some digging, a huge advantage the Burger Tuning JB1 (most common Piggyback/Tune box I found) has over ECU tunes is that it can be...
  6. F

Well at least one of them can be prevented or at least delayed. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Haldex service then brace for the water pump which seemingly will inevitably fail. Pay to play :) Thanks!
  7. F

I'll definitely consider this along with the Unitronic Stage 1 + TCU tune. I'll do some research then maybe share that here for anyone that might be interested.
  8. F

I got a good deal on a used 7 (MY 2016), rated 280, completely stock. The 310 is sadly not an option right now.
  9. F

Appreciate the quick response! And I'm realizing if you can run a stock intercooler in your climate (Nairobi is generally a lot cooler than Melbourne), then I probably shouldn't worry about it. I'm curious what informed VW's decision to detune though. And totally unrelated, when did your water...
  10. F

Hi, curious to know if anyone has done any tunes to their R in these "hot climate markets" (they come slightly detuned on the power front), and if they've faced any challenges after turning the engine up (the kind VW were afraid we might face that led them to detune? That kind). Thanks!
  11. F

Tuned Golf 7R Hot Climate Market?

Hi, curious to know if anyone has done any tunes to their R (they come slightly detuned on the power front), and if they've faced any challenges after turning the engine up (the kind VW were afraid we might face that led them to detune? That kind). Thanks!
  12. F

Japanese market MY2015 Golf 7R

I'm waiting for it to ship to me as we speak, I'll be back here once I have tinkered with the system. I am going on previous experience (Merc C-Class 2015) where the infotainment unit though standard, had the option for setting language as English, but would only change the radio text to English...
  13. F

Japanese market MY2015 Golf 7R

Hello people! My first post (after weeks of taking in all the Mk7 knowledge y'all have amassed here!) and it's a question about the 8" Discover Pro that comes with the car. So I'm about to pick up a 2015 R from Japan (easier to import into my country), but having driven other JDMarket cars, I'm...